I guess

"What the hell am I doing?" Sadie mumbled to herself as she stashed some dope into a duffel bag, that's her life, she always had to do stupid things like this, and she always will as long as she's under her brothers care. Sadie Delgado, a comical, caring, outgoing young girl, but everyone has two sides to them. Anyone who got on her wrong side would soon come to learn how cold, manipulative and sneaky she could be, so it was in everyone's best interest to stay on her good side.

As she was was stashing the final few bricks of dope into the duffel bag, her curly, bushy and wild ginger hair flopped over her face. Luckily for Sadie she had soft and silky hair so she could easily pull the look off, she had emerald green eyes to match this and her freckles were prominent. She was 14, but at first glance you would think she's about 16/17, I guess that's what luck does to a kid, she matured way too quickly and her childhood, well, god. What's a childhood?

She thought she was all clear, that she had done what she was told to do without anyone seeing her, but she thought wrong. "Chicago PD!" She heard a voice emerge from behind a wall, shoot. She panicked and dropped the bag, her first instinct was to run so that's what she did. Unfortunately for her, she didn't get far before a male officer leapt through the air and tackled her down onto the grass, "you're under arrest for possession" he spoke sternly and put the handcuffs around her wrist. Uh oh, he she goes again. As she stood up, well dragged up to be exact, she met the officers green eyes which were similar to hers. They stared at each other blankly for a few seconds before a blonde haired woman took Sadie from his grip and put her in the back of a black truck.

"What's your name?" The same detectives from before sat in front of her in an interrogation room. Sadie looked at them blankly, "Sadie Delgado and I'm 14" she tilted her head. The two detectives looked at each other dumbfounded of her age then looked back to her, "I'm jay and this is hailey" the male detective smiled slightly. Sadie smiled back and nodded, "unfortunately for you Sadie, this situation isn't looking too good. So do you wanna explain what you were doing?" Hailey folded her arms. Sadie threw her head back so she was looking at the ceiling, "I was moving dope, but it wasn't for me and no I wasn't gonna sell it" she huffed and kept her head back. Jay looked at his partner and raised his eyebrows, "well then, what were you gonna do with it?" He folded his arms too.

Sadie looked back down and met their gaze, "I was gonna meet some guy and give it to him, I don't ask questions" she shrugged. Hailey pulled a confused face, "so you're working for someone?" She tilted her head. Sadie shook her head definitely, "I wouldn't call it working" she looked at the glass behind them. She knew someone was probably behind it but she ignored them and looked back down to the detectives, "so someone's forcing you to do this?" Jay enquired. Sadie looked at them a bit more worried this time, "I guess" she shrugged. Jay furrowed his brows, "you're gonna have to help us out here, right now you're looking at around 10 years in prison. You don't want that do you?" He shook his head.

Sadie sighed, "not really..." she looked at the table. Hailey frowned, "can you tell us who you were going to meet?" She sighed. Sadie looked up abruptly and shook her head in fear, "nope, huh-uh" she huffed then looked away. Before the pair could answer her, the door opened and a tall man gained their attention, "you're gonna wanna see this" he held out a file. Hailey and jay nodded then looked at Sadie who had her head turned away from them. The partners left her alone so she let out a breath of relief she didn't even know she was holding when the door closed, she couldn't tell them, she'd wind up dead in some ditch.

A few minutes passed before the same two detectives walked back in holding a file, they seemed a little calmer this time. "We've seen your record, you've been booked off to cook county before?" Hailey sighed and sat back down. Sadie hung her head down low, "I got let out the next day and it wasn't my fault..." she spoke quietly. Jay frowned even though the kid couldn't see him, "what'd you mean?" He spoke sweetly. Sadie looked back up to them, "I got caught up in something, it was a wrong time wrong place kinda thing" she shook it off. The partners nodded, "you're young, you have a bright future ahead of you. If someone's making you do this then you can tell us..." she started but Sadie cut her off.

"I can't tell you, okay? I just can't..." she looked away. The pair glanced at each other in worry, "we're here to help you kiddo, but if you don't start talking soon then we're gonna have to press charges against you..." jay spoke sadly since that's not what he wanted to do. Sadie shot her head up, "you can't help me...there's nothing left to help, so you might as well just do what you gotta do" she shrugged her shoulders and looked at them emotionlessly. Their hearts broke a little hearing a 14 year old kid giving up so easily, they could both see the pain in their eyes. Looks like they were gonna have to resort to plan B.

"Well if you aren't gonna speak out for yourself, do it for these girls, give them justice..." hailey opened up the file and slid some photos in front of Sadie hoping it would trigger something. Sadie sat up straight and looked down at the pictures, they didn't bother her, yeah she felt sad for them but they didn't bother her, she'd seen way worse. Jay and hailey were confused by her reaction, "most people would squirm at something like that" jay tilted his head. Sadie looked back up to them, her expression hadn't changed at all, "I am most people" she raised an eyebrow and slid the photos back to hailey.

Jay looked at hailey as they both realised the kid wasn't gonna talk, they both got up silently and left the room. As soon as Sadie heard a few doors close outside she huffed and plopped her head on the table, she just kept it there and thought about everything. Does she really wanna do time for her brothers mistakes? Does she wanna ruin her life more for him? Should she just talk? Maybe...

About half an hour later jay, hailey and hank stood on the other side of the glass watching Sadie look at the wall below the mirror blankly. She was clearly fed up, not just of sitting in that room, but of life. "Give her some options, offer her the help and see if she flips" hank opposed. The pair looked at him then nodded before leaving the viewing room and heading towards the door. "I told you I'm done talking" Sadie sighed and looked at them as they stood near her. Jay smiled slightly, "just hear us out" he folded his arms and leant against the wall. Hailey sat down on the chair in front of her and leant back, Sadie sighed and nodded signalling for jay to explain.

"You've got two options, we can either walk out of here and book you off to county now. Or, you can work with us" he summed up her options, Sadie furrowed her brows together and tilted her head, "what do you mean, work for you?" She huffed. Hailey smiled sadly, "you'll become a co-operating defendant" she nodded. Sadie looked at them blankly, "I'm just gonna pretend I know what that means..." she looked at them again, she didn't understand these big fancy words. Jay smiled, "it means you'll help us take down kayT in exchange for your records being wiped clean, no charges, nothing" he nodded. Sadies eyes widened, "clean? You mean everything taken off it? Even the lockup from last time?" She sat up straighter.

Hailey smiled, "everything Sadie, you'll have no priors, just a fresh record to you name" she nodded. Sadie leant back in her chair, she couldn't turn down this opportunity, if she did it would ruin her life. She stayed quiet for a few seconds as she thought about it, "alright, I'll do it" she sighed. Jay smiled and sat down, hailey pulled out a small notebook ready to take notes. "Just take your time, we need this to be as accurate as possible" jay nodded to her. Sadie smiled weakly and took a mini breath before starting her explanation.

"My brother told me that I had to move something for him yesterday, I thought he just meant a box or something so I agreed to help, but when he told me what I would be moving this morning I told him point blank no, I wasn't doing it..." she looked down. Jay and hailey nodded to let her know she was doing good so far, "but uh, he doesn't take no for an answer. Basically he said that if I didn't do it then he'd find a way to get me kicked out of our home, so I didn't have a choice. I had to do it..." she shrugged. Jay smiled sadly, "so you moved the dope for your brother?" He tilted his head. Sadie shook her head slowly, "not for my brother, for his friend. I don't know him personally but he's a scary guy, pretty ugly too" she shrugged again.

Hailey smiled a little, "so you moved the drugs for your brother's friend, and you were gonna take them to a man? What's this man called?" She paused for a second. Sadie nodded, "uhm, my brother didn't really tell me much. He just said that I had to walk to the corner of 98th and meet Bob. But I'm pretty sure that's just a fake name..." she sighed and started bouncing her leg. Jay nodded, "you did good Sadie, we'll be back real soon to talk about how we're gonna do this okay?" He spoke sweetly and stood up, Sadie nodded and relaxed back into her chair as the pair walked out.