Run!

The car drive was silent, they were all too focused on the desk they were going to make even though it was mainly hailey and jays deal, the gang were just tagging along to see how they worked. 

                  "No stupid stunts you hear me? You keep your head down and your mouth shut" Luke looked back at sadie, she kept her head down but nodded.  That was what she planned on doing anyways, Q isn't someone you take chances with and she didn't really want to risk it. 

                    "Q my man" Luke shook the big guys hand as they all met in a scrap yard.  Q, short for Quintin, smiled and gave him a brotherly hug, "I don't have any time to waste so how about you introduce me to the puppets and we get on with the deal?" The muscular man nodded at the gang behind him.  Luke nodded and turned to face the guys plus Sadie.

                   "That's Tyler, Dante, Danny, Ryan, Ava and Sadie..." he sighed at his sisters name. Q nodded, "why the kid?" He looked at Luke with a confused glare. Luke nodded, "figured she might be useful if we need an escape plan" he smiled a little. Q laughed but nodded, clearly not took fazed by the kids presence.

"So who's the dealers?" Q huffed and chewed on a tooth pick. Luke pointed to jay and hailey, "newbies...They solid?" Q raised his eyebrows. Dante nodded, "they're sound" he smiled weakly. Q nodded, "so what business you looking for? Recreational? Big loads..." he tilted his head at the pair. Jay nodded, "big loads actually, we're looking to move some product to our friends down the city" he summed up.

Q nodded, "wide range huh?" He turned to grab his cigarette. Hailey nodded, "you know it" she smiled falsely at him. Q nodded, "how much you looking to score?" He sighed. Jay nodded, "4K's" he shifted his weight. Sadie was stood behind all of them just keeping her head down and trying to avoid any unwanted attention. "I can do that, 32 grand" Q lit his cigar.

Jay looked at hailey, "sounds good to me" hailey smiled. Q nodded, "then you've got yourself a deal" he shook jays hand but just flashed hailey a confirming nod.

Sadie could see two men moving around the sides with weapons in their hands so her breath hitched as she moved closer to jay and hailey, "what's the matter roxy?" Q noticed her nervous manner and referred to her ginger hair. Sadie looked up at him as jay looked down and saw how shaky she was, "cat got your tongue?" Q smiled at her when she didn't answer him again.

Luke gave Sadie the warning glare since he warned her about this in the car, "you scared of my men?" Q crouched down so he could meet her eye level. Sadie looked up at jay with worry in her eyes as the two men came into view. Jay just shot her a reassuring smile even though he didn't like where this was going himself.

"Guns...is that really necessary?" Jay sighed as the men walked over to Q's sides. Q nodded, "just for my protection" he eyed up Danny who had his hand behind his back. Q looked suspicious of him, "whatcha hiding there bimbo?" He hissed at Danny. Danny shook his head but pulled out a gun, why on earth would he do that. Jay noticed how south the situation was heading, "run!" He nudged sadies arm.

She wasted no time and ran off as there were multiple shots fired, she didn't know if anyone had been hit or if anyone was dead, what the hells going on? All she knows is how scared she is and the fact that she has no idea where she's running to either.

Jay looked at hailey as they dodged behind the metal scraps, "popcorn, popcorn" hailey huffed the safe word into the wire in hopes that the team would move in from where they were hiding. "You take the side and cover the back" jay looked at the openings. Hailey nodded and the two made a dash for it in hopes to de-escalate the situation by in- arming the shooters.

Once jay and hailey had tackled the men down they noticed that Danny was shot dead in the floor, the rest of the gang had ran off. Sadie was somewhere all alone and Q had bolted off too, "they're used up" hailey huffed and threw the guns back on the floor. Jay nodded, "the team shouldn't be far out, let's just go find sades..." he sighed.

The pair quietly ran down the large aisle which separated scrap metal and scrap cars but they were soon stopped in their tracks when they saw Q knock Sadie to the floor. He barged her down as she landed on her back facing Q, he held the barrel of the gun towards her. "You take one more step and I swear to god I will end this kids life" Q growled at jay and hailey as they stood about 5 metres away from them.

Sadie looked at jay and just shrugged her shoulders at him, she knew this wasn't gonna end well and in that moment she just prepared to die. Jay and hailey were looking at her in worry, "just out the gun down" jay huffed as he held his arms up too. Hailey had her arms surrendered too in hopes it would make Q realised they wanted peace.

Vanessa had too cover on a high building with a sniper ready to take Q down when she could get a clear shot but so far she couldn't get it.

Q scoffed, "you're cops, I'm not stupid. But your little friend back there blew your cover didn't he?" He laughed. Jay shook his head, "just lower the gun and we can all walk out of here alive..." he started to explain but both him and hailey jumped out of their skin when Q fired a shot, a shot which just so happened to be fired at Sadie.

Q dropped the gun and ran towards jay and hailey but Vanessa took the shot from the building now that he was in her view and he dropped dead to the floor in seconds, in those few second jay had only just realised what had gone on, he saw Sadie, his CI, the kid he's meant to protect, laying on the floor bleeding out.

"No no no no no, c'mon sades hang in there" he dived to the floor, the wet rainy floor, and unzipped her jacket so he could see the damage. Hailey was stood right behind him ready to help but it wasn't going to make much difference now that jay was there.

Sadie hadn't even understood what happened, all she knew was that she had been shot and she was in agony, "hey hey hey, stay awake for me. Come on, don't close your eyes" jay tapped her face lightly as she began to fight the heaviness casting upon her eyelids. "I can't b-breathe..." she coughed out, jay shook his head, "shhhh, it's okay. Don't talk..." he held back his tears.

"Where's this ambulance?" He shouted and applied even more pressure to her bullet wound now that she was laying in a puddle of her own blood. She began coughing and gasping for air, "sades stay with me" jay tapped her face again but by now it was no use, her body was too tired and the pain had vanished. Everything was a blur and she was unable to keep her eyes open.