2.

"Surprise, wife!"

The reaction plastered on Yaya's face was unexplainable. She didn't know what to do first. Imagine waking up late (for the nth time this week), haven't washed your face, and you see a man sitting on the edge of the bed with a bouquet of Juliet roses in hand. A smile slowly pursed on her lips, recognizing the man right before her eyes now. Her husband.

"Good morning, sunshine." He leaned down and pressed a kiss on her left cheek, making her smile even wider.

"You didn't tell meee.." she whined and pulled herself up to rest her back at the headboard. Nadech handed the bouquet and the mesmerizing scent of the flowers woke her senses up, a reminder of reality. She's not dreaming. It's real. "God, I missed you," she put the flowers at the side and spread her arms, asking for a hug which he willingly gave.

A hug full of warmth, as promised.

"First hug for today, ninety nine more to go." She uttered with a mischievous grin.

"I might go beyond the limits, wife."

"No problemo."

-

Later that night, the two found themselves enjoying the time of their lives in a private resort— which was another surprise prepared by Nadech. The said place was owned by one of their good friends, that's why he was able to quickly reserve a room for them even though he was in Morocco that time. He knew he needed to do this for his wife.

Yaya badly needs it.

They clinked their glasses of wine to celebrate the night. There's no special occasion or what, just the two of them being grateful for having another opportunity to be alone together in this kind of place.

As Ya sips on her wine, she noticed the smile glued on her husband's face. She raised a brow. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because I'm thankful."

"For?"

"For having you. For having this moment with you. I know.. I know we're both not totally healed from everything that happened, but we'll get through that, right?"

She slowly nodded and flashed a tight-lipped smile. Nadech leaned a bit to caress her cheek.

"It's okay to still cry and be sad, and let out all your emotions at times. But I want you to not forget that you have me, always. I may not be beside you all the time, but I try my best to be a good husband who will be with you at times you need me the most. So.. just cry it all, wife. You have my shoulder anyways."

Yaya chuckled, a bit teary-eyed. "I just can't help but think of the possibilities again if we had her, Barry. I wonder what it feels to carry her? I wonder what it feels to hear her cries? I wonder what it feels to... to see her alive and smiling to us."

Nadech bit his lower lip to calm himself. The moment Ya said those words, he was unable to stop his mind from imagining those things happening.

What if their baby made it?

"But yeah, I'm getting way too emotional once again. Let's just enjoy this fancy dinner, hm?" she smiled.

But not the one that reached her eyes.

would love to read
your thoughts & feedbacks
in the comment section,
feel free to do so ❤️