Fixing JJ

I sat alone nervously in the coffee shop. Tapped the rim of my mug with delicate fingers. I kept looking over at the door to the shop in anticipation. It was getting closer and closer to the time we were meant to meet and I was so worried he was just going to ignore me. Not show up. 

Several minutes later, after ordering another coffee for me he showed up. He had an intense look on his face. When he saw me his expression was even more serious. 

"Hey JJ." I stood up at his arrival. 

"Charlotte." He was going to be blunt this whole time wasn't he. Oh well. 

"So, I met up with Josh earlier today and he suggested coming to you personally and on my own is the best way to handle the situation. Other disagreed but in the end I would love your approval of me." I sat back down and offered him a coffee. I bought one for him and once I brought it to him he calmed down a little. 

"I'm so mad about what you did to Harry. He's like a little brother to me, why would I forgive you for hurting him so much?" He sipped the coffee. 

"Because he forgives me. And I have no idea why you're not more mad at Ethan than me!"

"Because you were meant to be one of the good ones!" He snapped.

"What?" I paused, unsure of what he meant. 

"You were meant to make him happy at all costs. You were meant to support him through think and thin because I KNOW FOR A FACT he would do the same for you!" JJ stood up, enraged.

"Sit down please JJ. We need to talk this all out." I beckoned him down the chair, "So you expected more from me than what you got." 

"Yes." He nodded, "You know I still think you're a respectable woman but you made such a stupid choice in the end. I'm not mad at Ethan because over the years he's never made a mistake quite so large. I've known him for years. I don't know you at all so I have to be more mad at you, there's no way I can be less mad at you." 

"Don't you think that's a little selfish? He is more in the wrong than me and we all know it, everyone knows it." 

"Yeah but even so I'm not going to change the way I feel about my mate just because Harry fell for some girl who fucked it up before it even got started."

"I know you think so little of me but you have to know I've promised Josh I'm not going to be in a room alone with Ethan, my loyalties lie completely and utterly with Harry and you're approval means the world to me. I will do anything in the world to prove that to you." 

JJ looked at me curiously. It was as if he was contemplating his options, he could either leave me right now and never forgive me. Leaving the room as I entered with Harry but he knows that would effectively ruin his relationship with his friend so he wouldn't leave. He could stay right now and fix things with me so everything would be somewhat back to normal even if he had a nagging image of Ethan and I in the back of his head. 

"You can prove it to me by being everything you say you're going to be. You can prove it to me by baking me a cake as well." He winked at me and left. 

I smiled, satisfied with the outcome of today.