Chapter Five: The Incident

*Read A/N at the end please! Thank you, enjoy!*

    After opening a few of the presents, they were down to the last few for each of the Swan girls. Most of the gifts were from Alice and that didn't surprise the twins at all. The next box was made out to both of them. When they opened it they saw nothing but an empty box.

"Um, Emmett?" Daniella asked, confused.

"Already installed it in your truck." Emmett replied proudly.

"Yeah, finally a decent radio in that piece of-" Edward began.

"Hey! No hating on the truck." The twins said simultaneously. Edward held his hands up in defense as the girls laughed.

"Thanks, Emmett." Bella said, setting the empty box off to the side.

    Finally, it was down to the last two presents. Each was a box of the same size. However as Bella began unwrapping the gift..

"Ow!...paper cut." Bella said, a single drop of blood falling from her finger to the floor.

    Daniella's eyes widened as she looked over to the Cullen's, she could see their eyes darken with hungar as they tried to fight it off, but there was only one she was absolutely worried about.

Jasper

    Edward heard Daniella's thoughts loud and clear as she began stepping in front of Bella to protect her, but as if the world had began to spin in slow motion Jasper's control was lost and he began to try to fight his way toward Dani and Bella Swan.

    All in one motion, Daniella watched as Edward accidentally pushed her and Bella to hard, sending them flying into the wall as he made his way over to hold Jasper back. Daniella had the breath knocked out of her and she felt a small cut on her arm but she ignored it at she looked up to Jasper once again.

"Jasper! Jasper, it's okay it's just a..little..blood." Alice tried to get Jasper to calm down, but Daniella could see Alice begin to lose her own battle with her control as she smelt both Bella and Daniella's blood now.

    Suddenly, Daniella was surged into gear and she took action getting up from the floor and taking a few steps closer to them.

"Carlisle. Rosalie. Get Alice and Esme out of here. Now." After the words left her mouth Carlisle looked to her.

"Daniella...are you sure?" He asked her.

"I'm sure. Do it. Now!" She replied, then they were all gone in a split second. Daniella pulled her sleeve down to cover the small cut that bled slowly. She looked back over to Jasper, Edward and Emmett as they tried to push him away and out of the room.

"Edward. Emmett. I'm gonna need you to hold him back the best you can." Dani told them as Carlisle returned to help hold onto Jasper.

"Dani, what are you planning here?!" Edward asked, his voice urgent and cautious as he tried to warn her to stay back knowing she was hurt now from listening to her unguarded thoughts.

"Whatever it is, she better do it quick! I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold him off!" Emmett said, oblivious to her cut as he held his breath from smelling the blood in the room.

"Trust me. Okay?" She asked, looking into Edwards eyes. When he finally nodded she stepped into Jasper's line of sight.

"Be careful, Daniella." Carlisle told her as he struggled to keep Jasper restrained, she nodded in understanding.

    Bella watched from the floor near the wall, trying her best to hide the cut that ran up her arm from a glass vase that had been crushed on the floor beneath her.