Chapter Ten: The Sinner's-Labyrinth

︎▪︎October▪︎

    As it fell upon the first month after the disappearance of the Cullen's, the leaves on the trees changed from their bright green to colorful oranges, yellows, and reds. The outside looked bright and colorful with kids running around playing in the fallen leaves. Unlike that first night, Bella was sat in her room where she was closed off from the outside world, the change of position being the only sign of life coming from her. Daniella; however, was doing the opposite.

    At the moment, Dani found herself running through the woods. The small bag she carried was filled with only her essentials: keys, wallet with her cash and "ID", and a lighter that's come in handy as of lately.

    Her feet hit the ground at a quick pace so she would make it to the familiar city life she has gotten used to over the past few weeks. Once she finally broke through the last of the trees and into the alley way that led into the city, she took a moment to catch her breath.

    Thinking was something Daniella found herself avoiding as much as possible lately. The only time she was fully able to forget and ignore the heartache in her chest was when she had that fuzzy feeling in her head and the distractions of the life she's made for herself in Port Angeles.

    After she had caught her breath, she made her way to the lively downtown that was calling her name. The night air was chilly and would have been uncomfortable if Daniella hadn't wore her lether jacket with her outift. She had thought it match her shoes well, so she decided to make the addition. It was around ten thirty at night by now and the city was in full-swing party mode.

    When Daniella made it to the street, she looked both ways before running across to the familiar path that lead to one of her current favorite nightclubs: The Sinner's-Labyrinth. Dani thought it was kind of fitting for her current position in her life.

    She flashed her "ID" to the bouncer at the door and held her wrist out like usual. He used the black light pen in his hand to show the stamp on her wrist that would allow her unlimited access to the club. Daniella had conned her way into getting the stamp from the club owner about two weeks prior. She had noticed his interest in her the first time she had managed to sneak in. So, Daniella set to work on getting the stamp, by any means. It only took about an hour to persuade him into "branding" her, as he liked to call it. A couple dances, a few drinks and a possible kiss or two later,  Dani was set to come and go as she pleased.

    Since then Daniella had avoided him like the plague. Every night she wents to the club, she would find a guy who thought he could rope her in by buying her drinks and partying on the dance floor. Dani treated it like a game. Playing along with them and getting away with ease because they were too drunk or high to notice her blend into the crowd. It was the only upside to the numbness she felt because of...

    Daniella shook off the thought as she walked through the doors and into the darkness of the building that was full of flashing lights, danicing figures, and loud music. The atmosphere around her along with the vibrations of the music was lulling her into the familiar state of adrenaline and confidence.

    As usual, she made her way to the dance floor and began her typical routine of seductive dancing. This almost always resulted in a lustful, half-drunk man joining her. Seeing as Daniella was just eighteen, she wasn't exactly old enough to buy her own drinks. She had learned, through trial and error, that the bouncer and the bartenders did not communicate, nor did they have the same knowledge of reading fake ID's. So, Daniella's "ID" was perfect enough to pass a bouncer check, but not to get drinks from the bar. She'd end up asking the guy dancing with her to buy her a drink. They never deny a chance to get her to "loosen up" and the bartenders never questioned it.