Chapter Eleven: The Initium

▪︎November▪︎

    November held no change in either of the Swan twins lives. The neighbors have begun to send the house worried glances as Isabella sat continuously in the window on a small wooden chair, her face as motionless as the rest of her. She still managed to make it to school every day. Whether or not she's learning anything is a different story.

    Daniella, on the other hand, caught the gazes of the neighbors as she would sneak into her house in the early morning hours. After a night full of playing her games and hanging out with her new found friends, she would often make it home around six in the morning and then sleep all day. Her grades were plummeting, and fast, but Daniella couldn't careless about any of it.

    Charlie was stuck. He had two daughters who looked like they were wasting away as the days went by, but he didn't have the slightest idea of what to do to fix things. He had not been the most present father in either of their lives, but he wanted to be. The only problem with that was the fact that he felt as if he would only make things worse in the long run.

▪︎December▪︎

    By the time December came around, the twins had made no progress in their current depressive state.

    Over the past three months or so, Daniella has avoided checking any of her messages. She knew that Bella had been emailing their mother with updates saything that they were fine and having fun with friends, which in Daniella's situation, isn't completely wrong.

    Daniella also knows that she has been reaching out to...Alice. Thinking about the pixie-haired Vampire lit a burning rage inside of her. She knew in her heart that she had to have been the one Jasper truly loved. After all, who else had he ever spoken to besides Daniella? He has always been the quiet, closed off member of the Cullen's, so who else could it have been?

    Dani never bothered to tell Bella about her suspicions of Alice being the girl Jasper betrayed her for. This only fueled the fire that was raging within her, causing her mind to constantly fill with images of Jasper.

    Her mind was a place filled with the things she didn't want to remember. Flashes had began to hit her constantly when she was sobered up in the mid-day hours before another night of her rendezvous. Visions she used to cherish, now filled her head as she slept; nightmares that now plagued her everytime she when to sleep.

    She had long ago ripped off every picture that filled her walls. They, now, lay in the small box in her closet, waiting for their time to be burned. Everyday Daniella would leave she would take a picture with her, keep it all night, and then, when around the fire with Alex and Cobe in the alley, she would toss it in.

    Daniella hadn't told them who exactly the man in the photographs was, but they knew that he was the reason she had become like this. Both of them saw the gradual destruction of Daniella's life each time she would show up to be with them at the end of the night. Overtime, they've begun to worry about Dani. Watching how much worse she was getting day by day; using short fixes to chase away the memory of him.

    Alex and Cobe both hate the man who broke this already fragile girls world. While they are unsure of what exactly he had done, they both agreed that Daniella deserves better then what he did to cause her to be like this.

~~

    Dani ran her boots slamming against the concrete of the sidewalk as she made her way away from the new club she had decided to try out that night. It was a spur of the moment decision that quickly went bad.

    Tears were falling down her cheeks fast as she turned down an alley way, thinking it was the right one that lead her to Alex and Cobe. When she didn't see the fire pit at the end, she knew she had made the turn to early, having been used to the route from previous nights.