Chapter 51. The last one-sixth

"It's time for a hug!"

Darkness clouded the field of vision, approaching from the edges. In no way did the sensation resemble a human embrace. A wave of goosebumps ran over his skin, as if an enveloping warm curtain had touched it, instantly changing the temperature around his body. Compared to everything he had experienced in recent days, this sensation seemed incredibly pleasant. Shen was too tired to continue to resist. He closed his eyes, completely plunging into darkness.

Muan caught his limp body.

"Shen! Demons take it all! Shen! It's not funny anymore! Shen! Hey."

He shook him by the shoulder, keeping him from falling with his other hand.

"Hey," Muan called again.

Shen's head swayed to the side, his eyes staying tightly closed. Lost in conjecture about what made him feel bad, Muan put his hand to his chest and began to transmit the flow of spiritual energy, dropping to the floor with him. It took several long minutes before the Glory Peak Lord almost flinched, pierced by a sudden realization. He can share spiritual energy with Shen! Last time, in the clearing, he acted without hesitation, undertaking the only thing that came to his mind. At that moment, he absolutely flew out of his head that Shen could not be treated in this way after the gift of the black nine-tailed fox. And now... Has it changed at all or... or because of their connection?

But at the moment it didn't matter much, because it didn't help. Shen's face looked calm, like he was just resting. Then why can't Muan awaken him?!

"What would you, Shen," Muan hissed angrily, peering into his haggard features. "And after that, you dare to deny that you are behaving like a victim? Why did you try so hard for the sake of a man who is not a tenant anyway?! If you die, mind you, I will not sing about your self-sacrifice! I will tell Leader Shian that you slipped and fell! An accident in the mountains. Or... Maybe you were bitten by an evil spirit? Too far-fetched... Or... were you stabbed to death in a tavern in a drunken brawl? No, not in your character... Then... Exactly! I will say that you died from your own experiments! Here, you will die an extremely inglorious death and cover yourself with shame forever! Do you hear, Shen? As soon as you die, I will implement all these threats. I will tell each lord a different version of events! Shen...

Muan shook him by the shoulders again, trying to revive him.

"How do you annoy me..."

He ran his fingers over his forehead, brushing away the unruly strand, and felt his skin burn. But then he put his hand to his forehead - and the temperature does not seem to exceed the norm. Have you imagined it?

Sighing in rue, Muan grabbed him in his arms and carried him away.

"It looks like your master is awake," he told the maid who was on duty at the door.

There was a kind of cozy, warm darkness in his dream. In this darkness there was a fluffy Nine-Tailed Black Fox, and also this annoying Honee. This time, he didn't seem so annoying, letting him weave pigtails from his long hair, use them instead of a bungee and a hammock. You could also make a cobweb of them and hang bells, and then try to crawl through them so that not a single bell rang.

Shen opened his eyes, realizing that he was dreaming of some kind of nonsense. System immediately burst out:

[Congratulations! The quest "Missions of the Meeting of Lords" is fully completed! +150 to the power of the main villain!]

"How is it done?"

Shen looked up and saw that next to him, in the pose of the faithful, waiting for the awakening of the owner, the doggie was sitting as the main character. Seeing that the teacher was awake, Annis beamed with the happiest smile.