𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

A small time skip (Y/N's POV)

     Hermione and I, along with the boys arrived to the grass field (LOL OK help me I don't know what's the precise name for that I suck at describing). We stood next to the school brooms. I wanted to buy my own broom when I play quidditch with Oliver and the twins when I was younger, and also Charlie. But Aunt Minerva said I'm too young to have one and the school brooms will do.

     At this moment. Madam Hooch stepped into the pit and walked between us. We were having lessons with the Slytherins, them standing opposite to us Gryffindors. "Good afternoon class." The teacher greeted. "Good afternoon Madam Hooch." We said back.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick. Come on now, hurry up!" She instructed. After we did what we were told, she continued, "Stick your hand over the broom and say 'up'."

"Up!" The broom flew into my hands the first time I said it. Hermione looked at me in disbelief while I just shrugged. Considering that I have learnt to ride a broom before. "Up!" I heard Harry said. His broom also flew into his hands right after he said it. He chuckled, probably amazed by the fact that he got it the first time since not much people can.

I looked at the opposite to me, seeing Draco also got it on his first try. He smirked when he saw not much people can do it, but turned to a genuine smile when he looked at me. I flashed him a small smile back, since he wasn't being mean to others right now.

Madam Hooch reminded us to say it with feeling. I looked to my right side and heard Ron said up. Instead of landing into his hands, it smashed onto his forehead. Ron hissed in pain while Harry and I were laughing. "Shut up the both of you." Ron laughed.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding of the end." We got on top of our brooms when Madam Hooch continued. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment then lean forward slightly and touch the ground. On my whistle. Three, two..." then she blew the whistle.

Just then, I saw Neville slowly flying on the air. However, he along with his broom was shaking, not what it should be when you're flying. "Mr. Longbottom." Madam Hooch called. Neville was still in the air. Everyone started calling Neville's name and asking him to come down. "Mr Longbottom! Mr Longbottom. Down! Down!" The professor cried with nervousness in her voice. It didn't work and Neville flew to the front.

"Neville!" We all shouted, hoping he could come down. He started flying into the sky, calling for help at the same time. "Come back down this instant!" Madam Hooch demanded. Neville started doing turns on his broom and crashed onto the wall of the castle, bumping a few times before he flew back to the ground, flying towards us.

We all jumped into the side, not hopping to get hit. He went through the entrance of the castle and flew back up again, across the statue holding a spear when his cloak was hanging on the spear. His broom left and continued to fly by itself, leaving Neville suspended in mid air. We all crowded under him, seeing what was going to happen.

He continued to cry for help. His cloak started to tear and he dropped onto another thing hanging on the wall, and he dropped onto the floor a few seconds later. Madam Hooch commanded us to get out of the way and I immediately turned to Harry, hugging him because I didn't want to see what happened to Neville.

After the professor checked, she said Neville had a broken risk and would bring him to the hospital wing. She made us stay on the ground and didn't allow us to fly when she's not here. At the same time, Draco picked up the Remembrall. "Did you see his face?" Draco asked snarkily, " Maybe if the fat lump gave this a squeeze, he would have remembered to fall on his fat arse."