004

before we start.....
asdfghjkl; the COMEBACKS i've witnessed lately. first, there's mafia in the morning (heehee i felt kinda like that's carmela's theme song at this point lolol) by itzy, hot sauce by nct dream, fever by enhyphen, TAIL BY SUNMI EIHGKHSGJS i fucking love kpop oh my fucking goddddddd. that being said, enjoy chapter four!!

———————

004 ; Episode Four
Regular and Italics = Italian || Bold = Korean || Italics and Underlined = Thoughts/Narration
reading recommendations : black screen, avenir font, Aa+ one time

this chapter will had depictions of torture and violence. i'll mark the triggering parts with a **

"I'd love to stay and chat more, but my second-in-command needs me at the mansion

"I'd love to stay and chat more, but my second-in-command needs me at the mansion." Lee Taeyong looks from his phone to the woman who sat in front of him.

"It's fine. Just don't show up unannounced at my apartment next time," Carmela Guglielmetti smiles at the man who she's gotten closer to in the past couple of hours.

"It's not a guarantee..." Carmela glares at Taeyong as he trails off and he immediately shuts up.

"That's what I thought." They walk to the front door, saying their goodbyes, and Carmela locks the door once he's gone. She lets out a sigh, eyes traveling around her living room. It wasn't a mess, but it wasn't the level of clean the Italian woman wanted, so she pushed herself off of the door and started towards her room, wanting to changed before picking up the clutter on the floor.

She places the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and straightens up the couch where the pair had sat. She furrowed her brow when she found an envelope sticking out from between the cushions.

[ This was meant for you. I got it in the mail and it was addressed to you. -LTY ]

Carmela raises an eyebrow as she sat down, sticking the little sticky note onto the coffee table before opening the envelope that was addressed to her. Inside, there was a single piece of paper. Half of it was a photograph of her, her father, and... her mother. Her birth mother. They were all smiling, throwing peace signs at the camera in front of a street lined with cherry blossom trees. The two adults were holding hands, the woman was carrying the three-year-old Carmela in her arms. Below the photo was a comment written in crisp, black ink.

[ I know where she is. ]

Carmela's breath quickened and she didn't know why. She had no idea why she was acting this way. The woman had left them when she was only a toddler, so why should she care where the witch is now? A ding pulled her out of her bitter thoughts and Carmela turned her attention to the device that had made the sound.

FROM : BLOCKED NUMBER
Did you get my message, principessa?

FROM : CARMELA
I don't care about that woman, so I don't care what you do to her.