Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The young prince quickly hid into another room as he turned the corner, letting the guards run right past him and continue chasing the prince that they thought they still had. Alfred peeked out of the door and smiled at their stupidity. He kept in his laughter until he walked out then couldn't hold it anymore, he laughed obnoxiously when he thought the coast was clear. He turned to walk back the other way but froze once he saw his angry father standing there with his arms crossed. "Is this anyway for a prince, especially your age, to be acting in his castle?" Arthur glared. Alfred nervously gulped and scratched the back of his head.

"W-Well, um, you know, uh..." Alfred nervously laughed as Arthur only sighed. "I-I'm sorry father..."

Arthur sighed. "I'm leaving tonight for Germaine. I expect you to be a good boy please?"

"I want to come!" Alfred smiled. "I-It's for the war right? You need soldiers right? I've trained enough! I want to come!"

"No!" Arthur yelled then growled a bit. "I have told you many many times, you are not to go on the battlefield."

"You went on when you were only twelve! Twelve father!" Alfred frowned. "I'm turning nineteen soon and I've never even been outside the castle... I've never seen any of my people and I'm the damn prince here."

"Watch your mouth Alfred." Arthur turned to leave. "You are not leaving. Its dangerous out there."

"So what! ?"

"So I will not lose you Alfred!" Arthur snapped back. "Knowing you, you'll be killed! You're not ready! You're not a solider or a hero like the others!" Alfred frowned, he felt himself getting smaller and smaller compared to Arthur. "Leave it alone. You're not leaving." Arthur quickly turned back and walked away. "I'll see you when I get back." Alfred only nodded and didn't say another word, then walked back to his room with no joy in his steps for once. He climbed up wounding stairs and pushed his door open, walking into the room angrily by now. He slammed the door behind him, which scared his cat so much that he jumped and hid under the pillows of Alfred's bed that he was resting on. Alfred looked over and tried going over, "I'm sorry kitty." He said softly and tried giving a small whistle for the cat to come back. He could hear it meow and purr under the pillows as he took them off one by one. "Here kitty kitty." He took another pillow off to reveal the fluffy cat meowing at him and trying to hide more but Alfred picked him up and put him on his lap, then pet his head a bit. "Good kitty." he kissed the little cat's head and hugged onto him then sighed. The cat looked up at him, sensing there was something wrong, and cuddled up to his chest which made Alfred grin a bit.

"Heh you're the only one around here who actually understands me... and you're a cat." He frowned. "What does that say?..." He placed the cat back on the bed and walked over to the nailed window. Secretly, he had found a way to look out through a lose board on the window. He picked it up and took it off, looking through the free area and out to the view of the beautiful UK village outside the castle, a place where his people loved him but yet he had never met them or even been there. "All these years and I've never met a single person that was outside this damn castle." He mumbled. He moved his eyes toward the great wall that separated the UK and Frandic. "I can't even have a chance to be a hero like dad." He sat down against the wall next to the window and sighed, closing his eyes and thinking a bit. "Unless...."

A bright idea popped into his head and he jumped up. "I can show father!" He said to himself, though the cat was his audience. "I can go out with the group tomorrow when they go to Frandic! I can fight with them! I can prove myself and then maybe he'll let me take responsibility!" The idea was so great that it got his blood flowing and his adrenaline pumping. He grabbed the helmet and covered sword from the corner of his room and jumped up on a chair in the room, helmet on and holding the sword out in a hero's position. "Prince Alfred wins the worst battle in the Frandic war history! He returns a hero to the United Kingdom and his people cheer for him!" He made a mock cheering sound as the cat played along and meowed. He laughed with the thoughts running through his head, he could do this! He could definitely do this!