Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He flung his hood off and looked toward the boy then paused, they both did.

We look the same....

"I-....Is this some kind of joke! ?" Alfred yelled and backed up.

"P-Pardon me?..."

"You're mocking me aren't' you! ? Huh! Y-You little bastard!"

"Excuse me! ?" Matthew stood up and looked down at the prince. "I just helped you! And you're calling me a bastard! ? You're ungrateful! Who do you think you're talking to! ?"

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Alfred stood up and surpassed Matthew's height, only a few inches taller though. "I am royalty I'll have you know."

"I thought you were a solider?"

"I am!" Alfred reached down and picked up the bandana that had slipped out of his pocket during the fall. he wiped the blood off his face, clearing it away from the cuts around his eyes from the glasses. There weren't many, maybe a dozen of them. "I-I'm just an important one." Matthew raised an eyebrow.

"Oh I see..." He said suspiciously. Alfred turned away and gulped a bit but held his head high like he demanded something. "Why are you here anyway? A-Are you attacking someone?"

"Maybe we are, maybe we aren't." Alfred said. "I couldn't say."

"It's a village isn't it?"

"Huh?"

"That's what you guys do, you take over defenseless people and get them to their knees. You take everything away from them." Matthew glared as Alfred gulped a bit. "Their monsters, not you... you can't be a solider."

"Look thank you for helping me a bit, now tell me how to get back." Alfred quickly changed the subject, he couldn't tell him that he was the prince; the boy would be very frustrated then and probably leave him out in the woods or even bring him back and alert everyone... either way it would end badly for Alfred. The only thing he could do is use the boy.

"Get back where?"

"T-To the UK military." Alfred turned back. Matthew crossed his arms and glared.

"Why would I do that?"

"Cause you're a kind person?" Alfred smiled nervously.

"When if I'm a kind person, you think I'm going to take you back to your military? I'll be arrested by you guys. I'm already in trouble for helping you now." Matthew gulped. "They will probably have my head for just doing this."

"Your king is cruel."

"So is yours." Matthew picked up his small bear and his basket. "Look, the roads connect to each village. Your base is where an old village used to be, you can follow the road to get there." He began to walk away. "Follow far behind."

"T-Thank you." Alfred covered his head with his hood again and followed the young boy. They were able to get away from that small river quickly, the area was pretty small. He followed the young boy through the woods, walking along a very thin dirt path that was probably made from the citizens. Alfred hated the bugs that flew around him, he wasn't used to all of them, especially when they bit him; it annoyed the hell out of him. But the walk was silent, and that's not what Alfred enjoyed.

Everyday in the castle it was quiet. If his father was there, usually there would be some chaos with him yelling at the soldiers who messed up. If he wasn't, it was utter silence and Alfred hated it. He would listen to some kind of music from the music box he had since he was a kid. But now, it was silent... until he heard the song again...