XXXI

It had been two days since Mike told Jesy he needed a break. While Jesy was healing her broken heart, Mike was trying to think of a way to win her back. They both were falling apart and struggling. Neither of them knew how bad they would feel without the other one being apart of their life.

Mike thought the best way to try and get his girl back was to just be honest. Tell her everything that he felt and even admit that he loves her. He just hoped that she would accept his apology and take him back, but he hurt her. He knew that for a fact. It obviously wasn't going to be easy, but he knew that Jesy Natalia Cruz was beyond worth it and he needed her back in his life.

Jesy was laying in her bed, doodling in her notebook when a knock at the door interrupted her
thoughts. When she looked up, she saw the absolute last person that she expected. There he
was, looking as handsome as ever, even with huge bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep
he had been getting. He wore a baggy t-shirt with black sweatpants. His hair was being hid 
under a baseball cap and his eyes didn't have the same light that they normally did.

"Hey." He spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. "Liv let me in. Well I practically begged her to." Jesy nodded, her eyes never meeting his in the process. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted. I was stupid and I got jealous. Truth be told, I love you. I overreacted because the thought of you with anyone else just tears me apart. I love you so much and I never want to lose you. I'm so sorry and I just hope that you can forgive me and take me back."

Mike was basically crying at this point, his eyes becoming bloodshot red. Jesy was crying as well as the tears streamed down her face. She only looked up when Mike took a seat on the edge of her bed and took her hands into his. "Please forgive me. I love you."

Jesy took her hands away and wiped the tears that spilled out of her eyes. She sighed before locking eyes with the man in front of him. "I love you too." She said, making Mike perk up, his eyes growing with hope.

"But I can't take you back." And with that every ounce of hope that he ever had deflated. "I think we both got into this relationship way too fast. I think we need to be friends before we start this again."

Sighs came out of both of their lips as Jesy ran a hand through her hair. "You didn't trust me and hurt me in the process. I can't forgive that. At least right now."

"I get that. I just want you to know that I meant every word of what I said. I will wait for you. As long as it takes." Mike said before kissing her cheek and walking out of her room.

A sop escaped both of them and soon could not be contained. It was really over before it could even begin.