XLIV

The moment that Jesy arrived at the park, she knew that something felt off. That feeling made sense once she saw Mike standing alone by a tree, then walking over to her as soon as they made eye contact. They had been parent trapped. 

"So I'm guessing that you were asked to meet here as well." Jesy chuckled as her former beau stood beside her. "They parent trapped us. I should have known too, it is Liv's favorite movie after all."

"Yeah, I should have known too. All this time that I have known Sterling, he has never once asked me to meet in a park because its 'such a nice day out'." Mike dropped his head while laughing, with that infectious smile that Jesy could never resist. No matter how she was feeling, she would always smile when he did. "Well, we are here, so do you want to sit and enjoy the day?"

"I don't know. I have a lot of stuff to do with my new line coming out and all." Jesy said, trying desperately to get out of this situation. She loved spending time with Mike, but they hadn't spent time with each other one on one since the breakup. She didn't know if it would be awkward or if it would bring up the unwanted conversation. She didn't want to talk about their relationship or breakup and that was the exact reason why she always had Liv or Tessa around her when they hung out with Mike.

"Why? We haven't hung out alone together in a while? What is the fucking hold up? Its like you are afraid of what you'll do when we are together." Mike sighed, the words coming out like venom as he spoke a little louder then he should have. "I just can't do this anymore, Jes."

"What can't you do?" Jesy spoke out, her voice below a whisper.

"I can't pretend we are just friends. I think about you all the time. You are always on my mind, no matter what." He confessed. "I love you. I am in love with you, Jesy Natalia Cruz. I'm just going to ask even though I probably know the answer judging by your actions, but do you ever think about me?"

"All the time."

And without another word, not caring about who saw them, or people taking pictures, Mike placed his lips on hers and kissed Jesy passionately. It had been two long months and it was like their lips had never left each other. They fit together perfectly and matched each other's movements. 

"I love you and I'm sorry. I am never letting you go ever again." He told her, his hands resting on her cheeks as a blush spread throughout the brunette's entire face.

"Shut up with the sappy stuff and just kiss me again, you fool." Before Jesy could even laugh at her statement, Mike's lips were on hers once again.