Epilogue

1k words

Emma grunted as she hit the hardwood floor of her old room. The scent of it immediately filled her senses, but it was unfamiliar. She didn't like that it was so different from her apartment in the other universe.

"What the hell?" She groaned as she stood up, holding her wrist.

"What was-"

Emma looked at her father weird when he stood in the doorway with wide eyes and a big smile. She laughed nervously.

"What?"

"You've grown so much." Bobby began to cry before running to embrace his little girl. Emma's shirt began to get wet, causing her to push her dad off of her.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She laughed at her dad's weird behavior. "I was asleep for like two hours. I dreamed that these big monsters called Sentinals tried to kill us, but Kitty saved us by sending Logan back to stop their creation. Weird, right?"

Bobby just continued to smile that his girl was back home. He shook his head.

"I'll explain things later." He said. "But, I'm sure there are lots of others who wanna see you right now."

"Okay." Emma raised an eyebrow.

Bobby went out of the room with Emma close behind. The first person to see her was Jean. She immediately began crying when she saw her, too.

"Emma Rose!" Jean held her arms out and pulled the younger girl to her.

Emma awkwardly hugged back. "Jean." She smiled awkwardly.

"Didn't you tell her what happened?" She looked at Bobby with her hands on her hips.

"She literally just came back." Bobby held his hands out in defense. "And she doesn't remember what happened."

"Guys, I literally took a nap." Emma raised an eyebrow at the two of them.

"What is all this commotion?" Scott groaned as he came out of his room.

He broke out into a run to get to Emma when he saw her. He picked her up and spun her around with a big smile on his face. Emma laughed when he set her down, still holding her in his arms.

"Remind me to tell you guys next time I go to sleep." Emma pressed her lips together.

"Em, you didn't go to sleep." Scott said, despite Jean and Bobby silently telling him to shut up. "You were gone for like two years."

"What?" Emma looked over at Jean since she knew about mind stuff. "What do you mean? I swear I went to bed to get rid of a headache and woke up because I must've rolled off the bed."

"Let's take you to Charles." Jean said. "He'll know what happened now that he can get into your mind."

---

"So, you're saying me and all my stuff jumped universes because a Nexus being was heartbroken?" Emma gave her teacher a skeptical look.

"Nexus beings can be very dangerous if they get emotional." Charles said. "With Kitty changing the timeline and a Nexus being getting emotional, you must've been in the wrong place at the wrong time and jumped universes."

"Then why don't I remember the past two years?" Emma asked.

"That, I don't know." Charles said. "But, little by little, your things would show up out of nowhere. We had hope you'd come back."

"Here's your phone." Scott handed Emma the small, pink phone.

"Hey, how'd you get that?" Emma tore the phone out of his hand. "I had it under my pillow!"

"It went to the other universe with you and your things." Charles said.

Emma's eyes grew wide when she opened the screen. "Holy shit."

"What?" Bobby asked.

"This guy on my lock screen is fine as hell." Emma held it up. "Do you think he was my friend in that universe?"

The picture on her lock screen was her and Peter at the beach. He had on sunglasses and an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. Emma was beside him in her one piece bathing suit with a white cover up.

The sunset was casting a dazzling glow on the pair, not that Emma could tell. They seemed happy in each other's presence. Scott took the phone from Emma and examined the picture.

"Did you jump universes to get married?" He chuckled.

"What the fuck?" Emma laughed. "No. I don't even believe you guys."

"Then how don't you know the boy on your phone." Bobby pointed out.

"I don't fucking know." Emma grumbled. "Maybe I went to Barcelona and blacked out."

"Now that's stupid." Charles sighed. "I can try to give you some memories of your time in Earth-616."

"Okay, so there's like 600 earths now?" Emma raised an eyebrow.

"More." Scott leaned toward Emma.

"Not the point." Charles said. "We're just glad you're back. Go get some rest."

"Okay." Emma stood up, still confused about the whole situation.

She left Charles' office and went to her room. Instead of getting some rest like Charles said, she went on her messages. The top contact must've been the same guy on her lock screen. She clicked on it and texted it.

who are you
-em

emma
you can text me
oh my gosh you can text me
we can have a long distance relationship now
oh em i love you so much i wish you didnt leave
-pete

um okay
who are you
-em

dont you remember me
its peter
parker
-pete

no im sorry
should i
-em

yes
-pete