- S E V E N -

Denki hadn't contacted him in more than forty-eight hours. That was unusual. Very unusual. He'd typically give a slight comment here and there every 30 minutes just to make sure the shell really worked. Why wasn't he speaking now? Did he successfully scare him off? No, that couldn't be it. Shinso sighed. The more he thought about it the more questions he had. What should he do? He couldn't go get him. Not with Bakugo and Eijirou. Technically Denki was married. He should use this as his chance to forget about him. Just like with Dek-

But what if he was hurt? Kidnapped? In danger? 

"Curses," Shinso snapped, dropping the vial in his hand and catching it with a tentacle. "I'm just going to have to figure this out and go to him, aren't I?" 

...

The door to the palace opened with a large thwack and every servant in the area turned their head to see a frightening sight. They couldn't possibly imagine that someone of this nature would appear on their doorstep. The loud footsteps resounded through the hall until finally reaching the throneroom. Today was the day Prince Bakugo practiced courtly rituals in preparation for becoming king. The doors opened loudly once again, the uninvited guest ruining the entire thing. 

"Where is he?" his voice oddly sinister. 

"Where is who?" Bakugo frowned, not recognizing this male. 

"Where is Izuku Midoriya?" the half-and-half stranger inquired. 

"What?" Bakugo's eyes widened. "How do you know-" He gritted his teeth and walked down the throne, walking out of the room entirely through a separate door. Eijirou rushed down the steps and toward the stranger. 

"I'm sorry about the prince," he apologized. "Give him some time but in the meantime, I can answer your questions-" He grabbed the stranger's hand and led him out of the room into a more secluded area. 

...

"You don't look like the regular guard," Denki was curled up, hugging his legs, in the corner of his cell. "What happened to that guy? I was finally starting to get used to him. I found him kind of cute actually. What? Why are you just standing there? Aren't you going to give me that nasty food and leave?" 

Why are you in prison?

"Aha, I've started hearing things now, I really must be losing it," Denki held the broken shell in his hands as tears started streaming down his face. "This was the only real present I've gotten in a while, you know? And I went and broke it? I'm such a dumbass..." 

The guard took off his uniform mask. Denki squinted and looked at him. There was only one person who had purple hair like that. His face was completely different from the last time...and he had legs...quite nice ones at that. "Shinso?" he gasped. 

Shinso's hand glowed slightly as the lock to the cell broke. The door opened and Denki lept up to his feet. He ran and jumped into Shinso's arms, hugging him and sobbing. "I thought I'd never see you again," he admitted between gross sobs. Denki removed himself slightly and looked up at Shinso's humanized face. He stared into his eyes, imagining his true appearance, and muttered "I could really kiss you right now." Shinso blinked, opening his mouth slightly but not saying anything. 

Are you sure that's wise? You were the one who wished to remain true to Katsuki. Shinso spoke inside Denki's mind. 

"Why are you doing that? Speaking in my mind, I mean," he asked, avoiding the question. 

Magic always comes with consequences and although I can speak...it hurts to so I would rather not. In order to get something you always have to get rid of something. Changing my body so much requires a lot of focus as well as bringing up a lot of other issues.

"Are you in pain? I'm sorry," Denki apologized and ceased hugging Shinso. But Shinso only wrapped his arms around him and held him close. Denki hadn't been expecting that. 

I'm glad you're okay

"Let's get out of here," Denki said, after a few more moments of enjoying the fact Shinso gave him a hug. He grabbed Shinso's hand and led him down the hall back to his room. Because the one place Bakugo probably wouldn't look for him was in an obvious location like that. Denki pushed Shinso on the bed and pointed at him. "You can rest here for a while." 

Shinso laid down on the bed and closed his eyes. Denki finally got a proper look at him now. These clothes looked a bit out of place for him. Who did they belong to? He took off all of the guard disguise but these clothes...they couldn't have been Shinso's he didn't wear things like that. Actually, did Shinso wear clothes at all? Not really. These green undertones don't match his purple hair. Hearing footsteps come down the hall, Denki grabbed a bulky blanket and covered Shinso with it (and himself). He huddled up against him and hoped their shape looked like a bad bed-making situation and not like there were two bodies. Denki regretted doing this because now his face was right in front of Shinso's neck. His hair was out of the way and revealing a very nice patch of skin. He wanted to kiss it. He wanted to hold Shinso again and he wanted to kiss his neck. He wanted to do a lot of things actually. Good thing Bakugo couldn't read his mind. He would've known that Denki had cheated on him at least several times just in his thoughts. 

Shinso grabbed his leg and visibly winced. He rolled over onto his side, coming face to face with Denki, eyes widening. Sorry, I knew you were close to me but I didn't think you were that close.

"Shinso...would kissing me give you magic?" 

Do you want me to say yes so you don't have to feel guilty?

"Tell me the truth but also lie to me," Denki placed his hand on Shinso's face, holding his cheek. 

Shinso had seen this once before. He'd played the bad guy then too. He didn't want to be a bad guy anymore. It does give me magic but not enough to do anything significant.

"So, you could make it give you something?" 

About the size of a speck of dust.

"You'll have to kiss me for a long time then," Denki moved his face closer and his lips grazed Shinso's. He was going to let him. He was. But images of the past resurfaced. Shinso moved his hand to cover Denki's mouth. 

I'm sorry, but I don't want you to get this involved with me. Not until after you've learned what Bakugo hates me for. I don't want you to feel betrayed. Shinso scooted down slightly and hugged Denki so that he could rest his face near Denki's collarbone. I do care for you but I don't want to rush to get heartbroken again.

"Are you going to tell me? What happened to him? That's what you're talking about right? The guy you lured?" 

I'm not going to tell you. You should hear it from Katsuki first.

"Why?" 

His unadulterated, unfiltered, raw opinion of rage will bring you closer to the truth I could ever convey.

"Do you feel that bad about it? Do you want me to hate you?" 

If you're going to hate me at any point, I would rather it be sooner than later.

...

"Izuku Midoriya," Eijirou began, "is dead." 

"What?" Todoroki's eyes widened. "That can't be..." 

"He was seduced by the Wicked Witch of the West Side Cliffs, lured off, and has never been seen from since." 

"That doesn't mean he is dead! He could still be out there-" 

Eijirou curled his hand into a fist and gritted his teeth. "We saw his body fall right onto a rocky spear. The witch laughed at us for being foolish enough to try and befriend him. He is dead, I'm sorry, but you will not find him here. There is no way he could've survived from that much blood loss."