- E I G H T -

"I've told you all there is to know," Bakugo crossed his arms. 

"But that can't be right. There has to be more..." Todoroki insisted. "We promised to find each other!" 

"You can't find him if he is dead!" Bakugo slammed his hand down on his desk and stood up. "Look, there is only one person here that actually knows anything about what happened and he is the blasted witch! If you want to go to him that's your own death wish. Lucky for you he seems to have taken a liking to my husband so," Bakugo grumbled to himself and led Todoroki out of his study down to the dungeon. 

"Why is your husband staying in the dungeon?" 

"It's for his own good he is under the witch's spell." 

"That doesn't-" 

"Your opinion doesn't matter. Mr. No One from Nowhere." Bakugo gestured to the cell. 

"Nothing is there." 

"What?" Bakugo turned his head. "Fuck!" 

...

"Do you know what you're going to do?" Shinso sat up and looked at Denki, sitting down in a chair next to the bed. "About your husband, I mean..." 

"I don't know," Denki sighed. "My family is at risk if I just run away but I can't stand being here with him." 

"That's..." Shinso didn't know what to say. 

The door opened and Eijirou stood there. "I thought this was where you'd be-" he took a step back after making eye contact with Shinso. Denki grabbed his arm and pulled him in, closing the door quickly. "That's--" Eijirou's voice shook. He'd only seen him once but he recognized him from that day at the cliffs. 

"Ah," Shinso placed his hand on his cheek and smirked. "If it isn't the redheaded masochist. A pleasure to meet you again," he sunk back into his wicked witch persona. His guardian, the eyeless witch, had died years ago now. But the habit to push people away from him for their own safety remained deeply embedded in his psyche. 

"What are you doing here?" Eijirou took a step in front of Denki as if to protect him from an attack that never came. "Wasn't taking the Prince's childhood friend enough for you? You want to take his husband as well?" 

"Hah!" Shinso stood up. "His husband, you say?" Shinso took steps toward Eijirou and stared deep into his eyes. "If he loved his husband," he grabbed Eijirou's chin to keep him from looking away. "What use would he have for you? I can smell him on you. How many times do you do it a day, I wonder..." Shinso's human mask started to whither away as his true face poked through. The black pits and beaming red returned, but only for a moment, the human mask coming back once Denki grabbed his arm. 

"That's enough," he said. "Eijirou isn't the one to blame here." Denki released Shinso's arm. "I thought you didn't want to play the bad guy anymore? It's okay. I can speak up for myself." 

"I'm sorry," Eijirou crossed his arms to hug himself. "I know, you're right, I'm sorry...I don't even know what happened really I just know the Prince's story and I'm the primary reason why he hates you so much too...I'm sorry," he muttered, taking a step back. Self-hatred consuming him. 

"That's Eijirou's voi-" Bakugo opened the door. His eyes met with Shinso's for the first time since watching Izuku fall. Lightning struck outside and the human mask briefly went back to Shinso's true face, then turned back to human once again. Bakugo froze in place. 

"Are you the Wicked Witch?" Todoroki entered the room before Bakugo. 

"Half red...half white..." Shinso pointed, catching himself from stumbling backward. 

"Do you know where Izuku Midoriya is?" 

"Hasn't he told you?" Shinso forced a laugh. "He's dead." It wasn't a complete lie. Even if they found him... he didn't remember anything about 'Izuku' anymore. "I killed him. He is dead." 

"See?!" Bakugo gestured wildly at Shinso. "I fucking told you!" 

"It was my fault," Shinso grabbed his face, lips curing upward in a sadistic grin to mask his true sadness. A horrible habit he'd picked up pretending to be 'wicked' and keep the humans away. He shouldn't have allowed Denki to come back after that initial interaction. A whole lot of heartache could've been avoided for himself. 

Shinso lowered his hand and looked at Denki. "I loved him," he confessed. "And that's what killed him." 

"No one else is going to get hurt by your hands," Bakugo pointed. 

"My hands?" Shinso looked down. "My hands?" he repeated. "And what about your hands, Princey?" Shinso stormed the room and grabbed Bakugo's hands. "How many people have you hurt with your hands? Or with your words?" he forced his hand into Bakugo's mouth and grabbed his tongue. "Maybe I should take this for you since the only thing you can use it for is hurting others." Shinso gave up on keeping his human appearance up. His hands turned back to their original pitch-black shade as his eyes returned to their deep sockets of doom. Purple glimmers flickered off of his face, hair, and body, echoing the rage he felt for this human right now. 

"If you hadn't hurt Izuku, he wouldn't have gone exploring on his own and met me. If you hadn't been so cruel to Denki, he wouldn't have stood on the edge of those cliffs in the first place! How many people are you going to hurt and then blame it on me? And what about this redheaded masochist?" Shinso dug his nail further into Bakugo's tongue. "Do you know what it feels like to be a servant and a concubine? Are you sure you're giving him a choice? Or are all you concerned about is who to put your dick in that isn't your husband?" 

"If you really did kill Izuku," a cold mist filled the room as Todoroki covered his arm in a pointy icicle. "Then I'm going to have to kill you," his scarred eye flared with flame as he ran his ice-covered hand through Shinso's back, straight through his heart. Shinso coughed up purple blood, it ran down his mouth and he lost his grip on Bakugo. His hand fell to his side. He was losing feeling in his legs. 

"I see," he coughed again, falling to the ground as Todoroki removed his arm from Shinso's center. "I wonder...if this is what Izuku felt like...way back then..." he closed his eyes.