Chapter 5: Oh, My Little Girl

3:00 a.m.

Since Elena was blacked out onto the floor, Katherine picked her up bridal style. She left the diner and made her way to the car. She popped the trunk open and hesitated to drop Elena in.

Katherine Pierce: POV

I've been planning this for weeks. It's finally time to live my life and not have to run anymore. I've never had a problem with taking out the innocent ones but since I've come face to face with this situation, it feels difficult. It's not as if I feel anything for this girl, I would be doing her a favor by turning her in to Klaus. Dying would erase all of the pain she's had for the past year. I have to turn her in, I don't see anything special about Elena. She's just another girl.

Katherine thought for a couple of seconds and proceeded with the action. She went to grab the rope in the corner but stalled again. She huffed and continued to tie Elena's hands together along with her ankles. Before closing the trunk, Katherine scanned Elena's face to see if she had woken up. Elena remained unconscious, she closed the trunk.

3:15 a.m.

The car ride was silent with only Katherine driving before she heard Elena's cellphone ringing faintly in the back of her car.

3:25 a.m.

When Katherine was about to make a turn onto the road of the house, she heard Elena's voice. She pulled over to the side of the road and got out to open the trunk.

"What're you doing," Elena mumbled and yawned. "A game." Katherine winked and by instinct, smiled almost as if she missed Elena's presence.

Katherine trailed her thumb over Elena's cheek and stroked it. Elena's eyes were still on the verge of closing. "I feel sick." Elena turned her head so that she could see Katherine more.

"Here." Katherine bit into her wrist and put it on Elena's mouth. "You'll feel better. Just drink." Elena lapped up as much blood as she could before Katherine's wrist healed. Katherine used her sleeve to clean up any excess blood on Elena's mouth until it was fully clean. Then, she placed a soft kiss on Elena's forehead.

"So a game, huh?" Elena bit her lip, aching for Katherine's touch. "Yes, just stay quiet and be a good girl."

Mystic Falls

"Bonnie's doing a locator spell now, there's seriously something wrong here." Caroline shook her head in frustration. "So, you think it might be Katherine." Damon glanced at Caroline before taking another sip of bourbon.

"Caroline's right," Stefan said, Caroline tried to hide her smile. "Katherine's out of the tomb, Elena is the key to her freedom. It makes sense."

Bonnie came into the living room and everyone stood up. "I found her."

3:30 a.m.

Klaus paced around what used to be a living room in an abandoned house, his feet swept around in boredom. "You know, Elijah, I will always continue to question the amount of patience you have with Katerina."

Elijah stood in one place in the corner of the room while interlocking his fingers behind him. He ignored Klaus's statement and looked at his watch. "She should be here by now."

"And I am."

Both men turned around to see Katherine standing at the threshold, holding Elena in a chokehold. She had been untied from the ropes but Katherine was strong enough to use her bare hands to substitute.

Katherine held Elena very closely to her as her back was up against Katherine's front

Elena trembled as tears ran down her face. Katherine had become aware of what she had done to the girl.

Katherine took a deep breath and refused to show any signs of regret. "Well, take her."

Elijah was the first to approach the girl. As Katherine slowly let Elena go, Elijah grabbed her by the shoulders and kept her in one place. His eyes looked all over her face and her body, scanning her. "Fascinating."

Katherine kept a close watch on how Elijah was gripping Elena. She then directed her attention at Klaus. "Well, Katerina. I suppose your work here is done." Klaus smirked and circled the three.

Elena was speechless as if she was in literal shock. It seemed as if now, she had to accept her fate.

Elena Gilbert: POV

Caroline was right—they were all right. My death will be my fault, now. I should have never trusted Katherine. How could I be so stupid? The answer was in my face all this time.

Katherine didn't leave. "When's the ritual?" she asked. "Dawn. Greta shall do the spell." Elijah answered while dragging Elena over to the basement.

"What are you lingering around for." Klaus addressed Katherine. She shrugged and turned around heading for the exit. "It's been a fun ride, Katerina." Katherine made her way out until she took a quick look at Elena, but she wasn't there. Katherine used her senses to hear Elena grunting as Elijah chained her up in the basement.

Katherine Pierce: POV

I was free now, but at what cost? I keep telling myself this girl means nothing to me but I keep replaying her story in my head. At least she won't be that much dead now. It'll just be hard for her to adjust. I did what I had to do. I couldn't just give Klaus what he wanted. I hope it pains him in the worst possible way, and so much that his emotion turns him human.

As Elijah left the chamber, Elena struggled in her chains. Her hands were chained up she was sitting on the cold hard floor. The corner of a paper was sticking out of the right pocket. She moved her body in a way that would get it to fall out. Her phone was taken by Elijah as it did not fall out with the paper.

Elena read:

It won't hurt so bad anymore after a while.

KP