///Chapter 14///

*TW* Mentions of Child Abuse!!!

The next few months after the party where a blur, a happy one. George, and Clay had became great friends, and George even became good friends with Sapnap, and Clay's other friend Karl.

There was always subtle flirting but nothing intense. George was slowly getting used to being cared for, and his walls were slowly breaking down. Clay made sure George knew he was there for him. That he would make sure he never was hurt by anyone.

George had laughed, and smiled more than he had his whole life with Clay. It was enlightening for him.
He knew he could trust Clay with anything. He hadn't told Clay the reason he left Europe for the United States. So he thought he should. They where sitting on Clay's bed in his dorm.

"Clay? Can I um tell you something serious?"

"Yeah, George of course. What's up?"

"I never did tell you the reason to me coming to the United States, did I?"

"Well I was living with my parents, I went to a shitty school district, with shitty people. My parents, they weren't the nicest people. I am an only child. I was always alone. When I did make a friend, that'd go behind my back and call it 'pity' it was awful." Clay was looking at George with care.

"Oh my- George I am so sorry." He said softy.

"There's more." He said while taking a moment to find his words.

"When I'd get a grades that didn't suffice their expectations, they'd yell at me, and they-" He stopped again do to the fact his throat was closing up, and hot tears started streaming down his face.

Clay's inched closer to George pulling him into a tight embrace. The sobs that were coming for George reminded him of the same one that would come from him after the consistent yelling, and abuse he had to endorse. They way he'd lock himself in his room and cry for hours.

"George- you don't have to go on. Everything is okay. I'm here. They can't do that to you anymore. Someone as kind, and amazing as you. Should never be treated like that." He whispered still holding the sobbing George.

George had laid his head on Clay's shoulder. He began to sniffle, as the tears slowly subsided. Clay's began to play with the brunettes soft, fluffy hair, like he always wanted.

"Why are you so nice to me?" George asked in between sniffles.

"Because I-" Clay knew why, he knew why from the very beginning. He knew he was in love with George. He just didn't want to overwhelm him with it. George was already in such a fragile state.

"Because I care about you deeply George." Is what he said instead.

"That's not what it is Clay, is it? You've never had a problem saying you care about me before."

"I-I..." Clay didn't know what to do or say.

"You don't like me anymore do you? You're probably bored of me. You're being my friend out of pity aren't you?" George pulled away from crying immensely.

"George..." Clay started to cry now too.

Clay did the one thing he'd wanted to do for months after the first time. Clay cupped George's jaw, and kissed him gently on lips.

"George, I didn't hesitate because I'm sick of you or anything. I hesitated because...because..." The words where stuck in the back of his throat.

"I hesitated because I didn't want to say what I wanted too."

"What-?" Said a confused George.

"I'm in love with you George."

George's eyes widened at what he just heard his "friend" say.

"I have been in love with you since the first day I saw saw you walk into those English room's doors. The first time I heard your pretty little accent. The first time I ever found out how smart you are. I never believed in love at first sight until I met you George."

Those words looped through George's ears over and over.

"George? I really hope I didn't upset you. I would never-" Clay's sentence was cut off by the feeling of George's lips colliding with his. It was euphoric. When George pulled away, he looked at Clay and hugged him tightly again. But this time it felt more loving.

"I'm in love with you too Clay~" George whispered softly into his ear. Clay was the one frozen in shock now. He never expected those words to come out of George's pretty mouth. He pulled George off of him, and kissed him delicately on the forehead. They both where smiling for ear to ear.

"Come with me." Clay motioned for George and him to get out of bed. They put their shoes on, and walked out the door. Clay held George's hand as they walked to the location.

It wasn't too far from the dorms but still a decent walk. When they got there, it was a beautiful field of an array of flowers. Tulips, daffodils, daisies, and smaller plants where scattered across the wide range of field.

George looked in awe at the sight of it. George looked back up at the gleaming emerald eyes that where looking back at his.

"This place is beautiful..." George was memorized.

"I know, that's why it's perfect." Clay said motioning for them to lay down, on the soft, green grass. George put his head on Clay's chest. Clay's wrapped his arms around George, he jumped a little.

"I wanted to ask you something, and you don't have to say anything if you aren't-"

"Yes."

"But you didn't even know what-"

"Yes, Clay."

"Can you at least let me say it? I was trying to be romantic." He giggled.

"Fine." George giggled back.

"George, you have been the one person to make me a better person, you have been the one person to shine light on my dimly lit world. You have changed my life, and I love you. All of you...So, would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" Clay picked a pretty flower and placed it in George's brunette hair.

"Yes! Clay of course I will!" George sat up, and pulled Clay up with him. He put his thin arms around Clay's neck, and kissed him passionately. Clay held him by the waist. He twirled him around, which made them giggle profusely.

"I love you so much Clay."

———————————————————————————
Word Count: 1073 :)

This was the last bit of the back story so now we are going back to right now in the story!