❀┊ Ch.3: A Cry of Rage

Keith's wings flapped elegantly and his halo sparkled. Pico looked at Keith in awe, he still wouldn't believe what he saw so he blinked a couple of times before looking back. He was still an angel. Keith cleared his throat, then started singing a melody that echoed throughout the forest.

While he was singing and humming his melody, his wings were flapping slowly making a calm breeze that Pico can feel. He pulled out his phone and started recording Keith. He slowly flapped his wings faster which made him lift up from the ground.

'beeeeeep!"

Keith stopped singing and hid his wings and halo as fast as he can, landing down safely. Keith looked around, worried. He then saw a piece of orange hair behind a tree then walked over to it.

'Shit, I'm dead." Pico thought.

Keith was interrupted by a pack of fluffy bunnies hopping towards Keith, he couldn't help but stop and sit down. The bunnies were playing with him, Keith extended his wings again and folded it in a position where the wings were covering the bunnies and himself. Pico looked back to see Keith with a pack of baby bunnies playing with him and sleeping beside him. Keith froze and listened closely, Pico was not sure what Keith was listening to but he stood up and flapped his wings again, humming the melody again. Right after he hummed, he giggled and sat down to play with the bunnies again.

Keith was right now in a paradise of bunnies until he heard a 'click' sound and hid his wings and halo again. He pet the bunnies and gave them a sign that he had to go, the bunnies fled and Keith mumbled these words.

"Adastra, de veroxe."

Keith then disappeared from pico's sight which left Pico blushing like a maniac. He scrolled through his camera roll and couldn't find the recording or pictures of Keith singing, bummer. Although he saw one beautiful photo he captured in portrait mode, it was Keith with closed eyes, his wings were posed in an elegant way, and his mouth was open since he was singing his melody. The background had falling leaves and other trees in the distance, his hair was slightly moved since the wind was blowing it around.

Pico stared at the picture then looking back to the spot where Keith was, he sighed then walked back to the trail and headed back to his place.

~🤍~

Keith was back at Lila's place making her jolt from Keith suddenly appearing. He walked to the couch and sat sluggishly.

"Where have you been?" Lila asked, "it's been an hour since school ended"

"I was at the forest, sorry." Keith said grabbing the remote to turn on the TV.

"Talking to your friend from years ago?"

"Yeah.."

Keith sighed and just placed the remote back down since he lost interest of watching. Exhausted from today, he stumbled to his room and jumped on his bed extending his wings for them to stretch.

- the next day -

Keith woke up to the alarm of the annoying clock and Just turned it off by giving it a good slam. Lila walked inside as usual but this time with two pans. She held both of them out and smashed them together making a loud 'clang'

"AaaaAAAHHHHHH!" Keith screamed when he heard the pans, Lila laughed and dropped the pans making another loud 'clang'

"Get up for School lazy butt!" Lila said picking up the pans and walking out the door.