CHAPTER 4

Trigger Warning:  Abuse

Clint watches his son's sleeping form with the boy's hand have been disinfected and bandaged. He also helps to shower Alex as he didn't seem to be able to do on his own as he was out of his thought with constant apologizing despite the oldest Barton effort.

The archer sigh from where he been sitting after he brought Alex into the bedroom that used to be the guestroom, but after receiving the news regarding his son, he asked Laura to help clean the room a bit.

After getting cleaned up, Alex fell asleep, but Clint waited by the boy's side in cases of need, which he gladly did. He has woken up from his sleepy state by the sound of whimpering.

Clint on the verge of getting mad as he watches his son begging in his sleep, appealing to whoever it is to stop. He watches as Alex clench his hands, making some blood soaking through the bandage. He tried to calm the boy by softly muttering while smoothing his hair while prove to help as he stops wiggling with the look of discomfort mix with pained.

He sighs once again that he now longer feeling sleepy. A soft knock catches his attention, and he watches as his wife slowly peek inside.

"Hey."

"Hey." Clint offers her a smile. "It's okay. He's asleep."

Hearing those words, Laura slowly approaches her husband, afraid that she would bother the boy. "So are the children. How is he?" She frowns as she glances over the teenage boy with blood soaking bandages covering his hands. " How is he?"

"I don't know." Clint state in a defeated tone. "Gosh, Laura, this is all my fault. If only I know-"

"Hey, stop that. It isn't your fault." Laura kneels by his side, taking his hand into hers. "Fates just being cruel to your son, and now here he is, needing your help. You are not alone in this, okay? You have me, Nat, even your children. You should have seen them, and they are so worried about Alex. He needs our help now," She put her hand over his cheeks, making him smile as he holds it and kiss it. "And we will do whatever we can for him to get through this."

"God, I think I just fall all over you once again." Clint state glancing over his wife lovingly.

"So am I to you." She smiles, giving him a peck but the sound of movements catch their attention.

They glance over Alex lying form only to watch him trying to adjust his eyes with his surroundings. He frowns as he raises his hands just to see them covered in bandages. Turning his hands around, he can see some blood seeping through them but says nothing.

Feeling like being watched, he slowly turns and visibly jump upon his eyes fall on the Barton couple.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Don't worry, everything's fine. No one is hurting anyone." Clint lowly state as he slowly approaches his son, whose eyes widen as he glances back and forth between him and his wife but mainly on Laura.

Feeling his discomfort, Laura smiles as she slowly walks backward, letting her hands show to him, giving him a sign that she meant no harm. "It's okay, Alex. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm going to give you guys some space, okay?" As she said it, she slowly walks out of the door, leaving both males.

It seems to help the teenage Barton as he becomes less tense.

Clint smile over his son. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, thank you." Alex lowers his gaze.

"Alex." The man put his hand on the boy's shoulder. "It's okay. You can tell me."