CHAPTER 2

The room goes silent after Clint's confession. Both agents watch as the newly inform Barton's eyes darts everywhere other than them.

 "I know that this is hard for you." The archer start seeing the panic look on his son. "But I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I never come to visit you. I never-"

 "N-no, it-it's okay." Alex stutter nervously making the older Barton goes silent and frown in confusion along with his partner. "It wasn't you. It was me. It just that I think you can just forget about me. Just act like, you know, like your life used to be."

 "W-what do you mean act like my used to be? You're my so-"

 "No." The boy cut him off as the agents watch as his hands trembling so hard that he also in verge of tears. "Please." He plead. "Please don't call me that."

 "Alex what's wrong?" Nat intercept seeing the conversation have turn much worse that she thought.

 "I'm sorry okay." Clint raise his hands, trying to calm the boy who almost in state of hyperventilate. "Take a deep breath okay? It all going to be find. I'm going to make it right."

 "No." The boy shake his head. "It wasn't you. It was me."

 "How was it even your fault when I'm the one who turn my head away from your mother when she need me the most?" The archer voice out in pleading as he couldn't bear the thought of his son taking all the blame when he was the one missing all the days they supposed to spend together.

 "Do you have a family?" Alex ask bluntly.

 Clint look taken a back than swallow nervously. "I do."

 "Kids?"

 "Two boys, one girl."

 The dark brown hair boy nods his head solemnly. "Then you don't want me to ruin your life."

 "What are you talking about?! How can you ruin my life when I'm the one who ruins yours? I'm your father, Alex. I'm supposed to be here all your life."

 "It's okay." Alex bluntly state, flashing him a sadden smile. "I get it. I would never blame you for all this. It happen, and there's nothing that we could do to fix it."

 "Of course there is. You can come with me." The male agent speak up. "My wife, Laura would be so happy to have you in our family. I already talked to them about you and they couldn't wait to see you."

 The youngest Barton close his eyes hearing the desperate voice of his father than shake his head. "I thanked you for inviting me in, but I just can't."

 "And why's that?!"

 "Because." Alex start with tears start flowing down his face. "When you know the truth, you will hate yourself and I don't you too. And please, if you truly accept me as your son, just leave." He beg.

 "Alex what's wrong? We could help you. Just tell us, okay?" Nat try again with desperation lace in her voice. She reach out for the boy's hand but he quickly retract back leaving her dumbfounded or rather seems hurt. She raise her head frowning as he seems scare as he could even look at her.

 "I just can't. So please. I'm begging you. Please leave."

 "We aren't going anywhere, Alex." Clint lean forward but Nat notice, the boy didn't react the same as when she try to approach him. "I'm not leaving you."

 The boy release a shaky breath as he clench both hands until his knuckles turn white.

 That when Nat see something that leave her to release a gasp catching her partner attention along with his new discover son. "What happen to you?"

 And for the first time since their first meeting, Alex's eyes meet hers, begging her not to mention it as he fix his collar to cover it.

 Clint however didn't see it as he look back and forth between his son and his partner. "What's wrong Nat?"

 "Who did it to you Alex?" The red hair ask bluntly not even answering to the man question. "Tell us."

 The boy just shake his head furiously while gripping his sweater over the part, trying to cover it.

 "Nat, what's going on?" Clint ask again.

 The asked women look at his partner with shock filling her eyes than at the younger Barton. "Scars. I saw scars that look like being made by cigarette." Her eyes than fall back to her partner. "And there's plenty of them. Look at his hands Clint."

 With staggering eyes, the man finally glance at his son's hands as the boy try to cover them by rubbing each other. He finally notice, pink and white scars on the back of his hands.

 "And on his collar area. There're some too." She inform.

 The man eyes raise up seeing as this time his son try to cover them but it was no use as he already saw a few more scars. "What the- Who did this to you?" He ask. "Alex!" He raise his voice shocking the boy as he jump at the suddenness. "Who did it?"

 "Please." The boy beg. "Please don't make me say it. I begging you, please."

 Clint watch in disbelief at his son. He could imagine how come he was protecting the person who been abusing him for who know how long.. unless... "Oh my." He breathed out in disbelief.

 "Please, just leave it." Alex plead again.

 The archer cover his mouth in shock with his hand trembling after piecing it all together. "Did she?"

 "Don't. Please just let it be."

 "Did she do it?" The man ask again.

 The red head however frown as she just stare at her partner for few seconds until it finally hit her and breath out a low no in disbelief.

 "Is it your mother?"