CHAPTER 35

Mimosa let out an awkward chuckle as she watches her cousin getting beat up by his junior, although it was his fault which he deserves.

"Vermillion..." Yuno mutter, but his word was heard by the girl herself who answer his thought.

"Fuegoleon-san and Leopold-san are my paternal cousins. Their father is my father's older brother. Noelle's mother is my mother's older sister." She calmly explains.

Pulling his face at her words. "There are too many of them."

"Eh?"

"A-ano—" Asta approaches the young lion and lioness. "Thanks for making me your rival." He states, making Kana stop beating Vermillion's boy. "But my real rival is Yuno over there."

"Hahahaha! Don't mind that." Leopold pats Asta's shoulder reassuringly.

'He recovers fast.' Kana sweat drop from behind her senior.

"It's no problem having a few rivals."

"This does not make sense."

Sighing out loud, she approaches Yuno and stands beside him. "Like many of you, two words even make senses."

"You seems close with Leopold-san." Mimosa leans forward, but her head turns over the red-haired girl.

"I guess so." Pointing her thumb over the older boy. "He among the noble snob that I can talk too."

"I-I-I see."

'She's something else.'

Both Claude and Mimosa thoughts.

Suddenly, a chilling sensation filled the room, which wasn't a cold one but rather a menacing feeling.

All eyes fall on the captain of Crimson Lion and Silver Eagle staring at each other threateningly.

"The boy received permission from the Magic Emperor, Julius, to be here. Although he is a peasant, we should give him some recognition." Fuegoleon state.

"I never thought I would hear this from a royal." Noel shoots back. "Vermillion family has become lax. Must be because of that peasant girl you took in." He gives a side glance over at the said girl, who merely glared back at him, then he looks over toward his rival. "I'm ashamed to be your relative."

"What did you said?"

"How does a soaring eagle acknowledge a crawling insect on the ground?"

The room starts shaking, and heavy pressure caused by the strong mana created by the combination of the two captains cause the glasses to starts cracking.

Even the air in the room felt heavy to breathe, and for those who can feel the mana emitted by them sweats over their powerful magic.

"R-remarkable." Asta in awe as he stutters as he can even feel it.

"Can you feel it?" Yuno asks, a bit surprise while Kana silently watching with the sweat of her own.

She won't admit it out loud, but the weird-braided noble wasn't among the person she can get around with. His mana was too strong for someone like her. She can even sense that his magic was as strong as her own captain. As much as she didn't like the silver-haired man, she can't possibly beat his magic if they fight a battle one-on-one.

"Even if I can't sense magic, I can feel this." Asta breathed out. "This is impressive."

Their magic starts taking the forms of an eagle and a lion as they were ready to crash into each other with their user's command.