Chapter 29

Bokuto's POV

Kurbro and KenKen had gone off to do their own thing and I was left with three awkward gays, four if you counted me. Iwaizumi and Oikawa were paying far more attention to each other than usual, Iwaizumi not having insulted flattykawa once. Me and Akaashi were feeling like two left feet... or was it three third wheels- anyways sayings aside, we felt like we were intruding on their love nest so we decided to make like Zayn and leave.

He had said something about there being a meteor shower today so, naturally, he suggested we go to the Shinzen school field and watch it. I wasn't opposed to the idea, it just wasn't what I would class as a good time. But if it made him happy- I'd do it.

There was a little tree on top of a hill on their field which didn't seem all that practical but whatever. He led me up there, taking my hand in the process. It was cold, far colder than it should be but I decided not to question it any further. He sat down, dragging me along with him.

"Uh... Bokuto-san? I don't think you'll see the stars very well when you're sitting. Lay down here" he pat the space next to him, showing me to lay his head there. Which I, of course, did.

However, as beautiful as the meteor shower was, Akaashi was the only thing I could look at.

"Bokuto-san. You know, even if you're laying down, looking at me still doesn't help you see the stars, funnily enough" he never took his eyes off the sky once, but I could see his eyes sparkling as each star flew overhead. A particularly bright one lit the sky up and he smiled his sweet smile no one ever got to see often. But I wanted to see it every day.

"What if I don't want to look at them?"

"Then why did you come?" because every minute with you is precious. Because I want to be around you every day. I want to wake up next to you and go to sleep the same way. Every single day. No matter if we're in an argument or not. I want that. Every day.

"Because I didn't want you out here alone"

"It's a school field. No murderers will be running around. You can go if you want. I'll stay a little longer." He chuckled slightly and kept his blue eyes fixated on the dark sky above us.

"Yeah. I know that. But still I want to stay with you"

"You know, I haven't heard you ever be this quiet are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"No you're not. You never reply so dryly. What's wrong?" He turned to his side and looked at me. Our faces were so close together and I really wanted to close the gap. But I couldn't. I never wanted to ruin what we had. Even if it was just friendship, I'd never admit I was in love with him. I couldn't. If it meant he found someone else to marry and love and it wasn't me then so be it. But I never wanted to lose him.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm okay. As long as I'm here with you I'm okay"

"Don't make it sound as if I'm the only important thing in your life. There's other things which make you happier. Like volleyball. You wouldn't even be here if Kuroo hadn't gone off with Kenma would you." The way he said it made my heart break. It wasn't angry or in any way hostile. It was just sad. He thought he spoke nothing but the truth and the broke my heart.

"Of course I'd be here with you. I wouldn't have gone with just Kuroo. If you're not there it wouldn't be fun anyway. You matter the most to me"

"Don't say such silly things" he was looking me in the eyes with such sadness I couldn't help but take him in a hug. Of course, still laying on the ground, it wasn't much of a hug. But it felt right nonetheless. I sat up, bringing my arm under his neck to sit him up with me, which he gladly accepted. And there, we sat and watched the stars, my arm around him.

An hour later we decided it would be a good idea to get going. I had told him we could wait for 5 more stars then leave. He had accepted it, of course.

1

2

3

They were falling much faster than I had anticipated they would. Realistically, I didn't want to leave here, ever. But it was getting late and we were leaving tomorrow so we should get some rest.

4

"Hey Bokuto-san?"

"Mhm?"

"Can I do something stupid without you getting mad?"

"You never do stupid things Akaashi" he turned his head towards mine and I did the same. I hadn't expected him to kiss me though, it was the last thing I'd expected from him. It was soft and slow, but unforgettable nonetheless.

5

"Well, that's 5. Better get going" he started jogging down the hill whilst I sat where I was, staring forwards. I couldn't leave it at that. Absolutely not.

"Wait 'Kaashi!"

"Hmph" I waited till we got to the bottom of the hill before tackling him to the floor in a hug.

"Please. Don't leave it at that. I can't take it"

"What do you mean?"

"Please Akaashi... be my boyfriend"

"Really?"

"Of course"

"I guess since you asked ever so nicely i can't refuse"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well this is officially my favourite chapter I've ever written...
Here's your BokuAka I hope you like it😗😗