Chapter 30

Kenma's POV

On the bus back home the next day, me and Kuroo had decided we would tell everyone we were dating. We expected one of three things: either everyone is happy for us; everyone hates us; or they don't mind but are worried that we are on the same team because it might destroy the team dynamic. Only one of the three was ideal.

"Oya, when do you wanna tell them?" It was around 1 hour into the journey and, of course, there was a traffic jam much like the one when we were coming here.

"Uh... i don't know Kuroo. I'm kinda scared."

"Don't be, Kitten. If they hate us then that's a them problem" my stomach did somersaults at the sudden nickname.

"Kitten?"

"Yeah I thought it suited you but if you don't like it-"

"I like it" I smiled at him which he returned.

"Hey hey hey lovebirds!"

"Huh?"
"What..!?"

Bokuto had shouted at us from the front of the bus and now everyone was now facing our way, half of them snickering.

"We aren't dating-"

"And we aren't oblivious." Damn it. Everyone continued to stare ever-so-intently into our direction.

"Fine. We are. And now what"
My head shot up to look at Kuroo who had a very cocky expression on his face. Him having a sudden outburst like that wasn't rare but it also wasn't like it never happened. It made me jump a little bit he just put his arm around me in a comforting manner.

"I'm happy for you man. You make a cute couple" murmurs of agreement spread to through the bus and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Though, I could still feel Kuroo wanted to say something. And I was afraid of what it was.

"Well Bokuto. Speaking of being oblivious... have you said anything to Akaashi yet?"

"You little-"

"He did actually. Last night." Akaashi held the same composure he always did. It was slightly scary at times how he never got flustered, even in embarrassing situations.

"He did what?" I could feel Kuroo was suppressing a laugh. He still held his iconic smirk though.

"Yeah. I did. But it was actually Akaashi who kissed me first..."

"Akaashi what?" It was now my turn to shout from the back of the bus. Everyone was looking between us and them as if it was a tennis match.

"Yup."

"Someone's got kahones" Kuroo laughed.

"Okay all of you shut it" Oikawa's tone wasn't angry but rather playful. "Since you get to be all lovey-dovey... me and Iwa-chan are also dating" at that, the whole bus erupted in laughter.

"Oikawa you little-"

"SHUT IT PIPSQUEAKS" the driver wasn't too happy with our constant outbursts.

"Sorry"

After a few moments of silence, the owl boy spoke up once again.

"We really did all end up falling in love huh?"

"Even after we promised each other we would never fall for anyone in high school? Yeah I'd say we failed at that promise" Kuroo agreed with them, probably speaking of a promise they had made before I'd known him.

"Well we failed together so... But it wasn't like it was a bad thing anyway. I mean... we're all happy aren't we?" Oikawa chimed in, a smile plastered on his face as he looked to the boy sitting next to him.

"Definitely one of the best things we messed up on"

"So... happy ending huh?" Oikawa laughed.

"Yeah"
"Definitely"
"Yes"
"Mhm"
"Couldn't have said it better myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's the story guys. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm sorry this chapter is short but it's short and sweet so ^happy ending indeed. Ily all so much you really brighten my day just by reading commenting and voting
❤️🥰