Stanning

A/n: time for my fav AU ever. Idol! Reader, fanboy! L. I gotta chill with this AU but I love it.

Tonight was the night, the night where he'd sneak out to mosh at your concert. How long had he been a fan now? Years probably, but he'd never been to a concert of yours because his job means he travels a lot and he'd never in the same city as you. Until now. He had everything planned out. It was a well known fact that when a certain song comes on, you'll pick someone from the mosh pit to dance on stage with you. So he had to stand out if he wanted that to happen.

The theme of your most recent tour was 'convention after party' so those raves that happen at anime conventions were all the cosplayers get smashed and dance around all night. And boy did the crowd play into the theme by coming in cosplays or rave gear.

L wasn't one for wearing clothes that aren't blue jeans and a white shirt, but if he wanted to be spotted by you he has to stand out as much as possible. So he invested in the perfect unmissable outfit for the concert.

LED light cat ears, sailor collar shirt, the kandi bracelets from his MySpace days, duel wielded light sticks, light whip hanging on the waist by his belt loops of the patchwork pants in the colours this tours era. He practically glowed, there was no way you could miss him. He'd successfully snuck out of taskforce without being spotted and took the train to the concert. It wasn't that odd seeing a guy in all that light up gear on the train today, people knew a concert was happening and some others were pretty decked out too.

Behind the backs of the taskforce who knew him as the monotonous, serious, super smart and allusive detective. He was a RAGING stan of the famous singer by the stage name sicklykitty otherwise known as (y/n) (l/n). He did indeed collect your merch he hid in his locked room, he was tweeting 'stream glow in the dark plague by the queen herself sicklykitty' on his secret Twitter account, he was up all night waiting for ticket drops.

He always dreamed of the day he could mosh at one of your concerts. Because it was like leaving the world of stressful detective work and past trauma behind and being taken to a whole new dimension of glowing lights, good music and mindless dancing with no judgment from those around him.

So at 9:30pm he found himself in the front of the mosh pit, prepared to scream lyrics until his voice gave out, jump around and completely leave his normal life behind for a few hours. Fog filled the packed out arena seeming to glow with the coloured lights.

Chatter filled the arena, soft anticipating music playing as everyone waited for the show to start. On his left were two girls, with matching outfits and and flashing headphone accessories. On his right was a boy and very androgynous person in tour shirts and covered head to toe in glitter. He already felt like he'd left planet earth and ended up on some glowing planet.

He felt someone tap his shoulder, turning to see the boy next to him.

"Dude your cat ears are fuckin sick!" He said, he sounded a bit tipsy.

"Thanks, good luck with that glitter later on" L replied.

"Anything for queen (y/n)"

"Yes anything for our lord and saviour"

"I'm so ready for murder at the clubs bass drop, the ground will literally shake"

"Oh my god I know. I'm getting on that damn stage even if it kills me" L said.

"Dude if you get up there I'll scream for you" The boy replied.

Before the conversation could go any further, the lights shifted and the music changed to the opening track. The crowd erupted in deafening screams and all L's attention was turned to the silhouette of you against the lights and fog. A smile broke on his face, for the first time in a long time he was overcome with intense joy, a moment he'd wanted for so long finally happening. And with the first word you sung he let that joy take over and let out a deafening scream of joy.