08 I The Notice

"Kavya where are you taking me?", I asked her trying to catch my breath, as she dragged me through the long corridors

"To throw you in the dump yard!", she exclaimed without looking at me.

"Don't do that. Then you are going to miss me more."

"Nah! Not at all. Who will miss such a friend who has still not managed to have a boyfriend?"

"That's mean!"

"Easy peasy! I was just trying to warm you up. Guess! I have a surprise for you."

"And what's that? Are you going to show me your new collection of those nasty insects?", I chuckled while she frowned.

"Don't you dare say anything about them. They are very dear to me. Leave it aside for now. I have some bigger surprise for you!"

"Don't test my patience please and spit it out!", I said impatiently but she bothered the least. She kept dragging me towards the main office and stopped near the noticeboard where all the important notices of our school are stuck to.

I looked at her with a bemused expression and she signalled me to look at the noticeboard. I obliged and turned my gaze towards it, as I walked closer to get a better view. That's when my eyes caught sight of a very colourful and bright paper stuck to it. I started reading it's contents attentively.

___________________________________________

NOTICE

War of Words

Inter class debate competition

On 30th July, 2012

From 10:00 AM to 12 noon

at the Auditorium, National Gems School

All the students from class VI to X who are willing to participate are requested to give their names to Mrs. Verma before 28th of July. The anchor of the competition would be Mr. Sumedh Mudgalkar (class IX section A) and there will be judges from other schools to witness the performance of the participants. All the best!

___________________________________________

The only lines which caught the most of my attention was "The anchor of the competition would be Mr. Sumedh Mudgalkar". After reading this I was on cloud nine! So this was the competition about which Principal mam was talking in the morning. He is going to be the anchor. My Mr. Noodles is so talented! I can't miss this opportunity. I am surely going to participate in this! And I am not just willing to participate but also I will try my best to win this competition!

"I really don't want to bring you out of your daydreaming but I guess, if you stand here like this grinning foolishly, everyone might think you are in dire need of some mental checkup!", Kavya said breaking my trance. Without any further ado, I gave her a bone crushing hug as I couldn't think of any other way to show my immense happiness.

"Okay! That's enough. I can't breathe now. Leave me or else if I die, then I am going to haunt you every day at night.", Kavya said as she gasped for air. I was squeezing her like a sponge but immediately pulled myself back because I didn't want to lose this idiot so soon.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you to the power infinity! But when did they put this notice here? And how did you come to know?", I asked her in one go out of excitement.

"Cool down! That bald nasty Ramesh Sir told us at the starting of the class when you were not there. Now just shake a leg and go and give your name to Mrs. Verma.", she said once again holding my hand, all ready to drag me like a sack filled with potatoes.

"Mrs. Verma is already vexed with me for the morning incident. You too tag along with me please. I can't face her alone!", with this we both turned about to go but were stopped in our tracks.

"Oh I see! This pesky bunny is also going to take part in this competition", came the most annoying sound which I was not at all expecting to hear. I would rather seal his mouth with bitumen for the rest of his life than hear his annoying voice!

___________________________________

I am afraid that I am not the best person for you,
But for me you are my lucky charm!
As when you are around,
I feel entirely different trying to be optimistic,
Forgetting all my fears which may have formed within me,
As you wipe them out and fill my heart with love.
Can I love you more than I already do?

___________________________________

Hello Hello! Hope my readers are as energetic as the sun 🌞

Sorry for this short part
Next part will come today itself!

So stay tuned!
And vote and comment if you liked the chapter! ❤️
Bye for now 👋

- Blue 💙