40 I Let our hearts talk

Author's POV

Author's POV

The next few days went by in the blink of an eye. Today was an important day as it was the day of the trial.

The only clock inside the cell struck five in the morning. Two guards marched inside and unlocked the cell as their eyes fell on the figure sitting on the floor with his back leaned against the wall. Despite seeing that he was asleep, they mercilessly splashed the icy cold water from the bucket on him. The sudden contact with the cold water made him jump awake from his light sleep. He was shocked and was shivering.

He wiped the droplets from his face while gritting his teeth.

"Get ready. We have to take you to the court by 8:00 AM. Today is your trial Mr. Sumedh." saying this they went out.

He sat there upright still shivering due to the bone-chilling cold. He tried to rub his palms to generate some heat but it seemed like nothing helped at that moment. The room was dark as the sun rays were blocked from coming in. But still the hope he had within him kept him warm. He still hoped that something would happen today. Someone will come to save him. He had turned a bit hopeful after his encounter with that boy.

Without wasting much time, he prepared himself for what's coming. He was waiting eagerly for this day to come. His fate shall be decided today itself.

🍃

He stepped inside the court room which was filled with many millitary soldiers, police men and staffs who were helping around. Two guards were holding his arms tightly on both the sides as if he was a chained wild animal who needed to be tamed. There were many more guards surrounding him. He sadly smirked and mocked the guard beside him saying, "Only these many guards? You should have brought a hundred of them or else how will you handle a monster like me? Huh?"

The guard glared at him while he just gave out a humourless laugh. Everyone stared at him; some in anger, some in disappointment while some showed a bit of pity?

He let out a sigh as they made him stand in the right side of the room. He was till then staring at the handcuffs which were locked around his hands. He felt furious but still tried his best to calm himself down. He looked up to find that no one was sitting on his side. Absolutely no one. Whereas the other side was full with many officers who were against him. His heart ached seeing that his own people didn't trust him. His head hung low with a heavy heart.

As time passed, the time for the trial was nearing but still there wasn't any sign of his attorney. He felt betrayed once again. He shouldn't have trusted that guy. He knew that no one really cared. He stared at the entrance with sad eyes. His hope was dying but within a second his face lit up when he saw his brother and sister-in-law coming inside.

Though they were worried as hell but they tried to put up a smiling face for the sake of Sumedh. They didn't want him to lose hope. They came and stood at the far corner. Though civilians weren't allowed to attend this case but they had been given special permission. Sumedh felt relieved knowing that atleast someone there for him.