Chapter 11

"Oh, Y/N-ah what brings you here?" Jihyo asked when Y/N walked into the restaurant.

"Just wanted to check up on you. Where's your grandma?"

"She went home already, I was about to close up." Jihyo said.

"Ow, should I come another day?" 

"No, no. Let's have a drink together. It's been a while since we did that." Jihyo suggested as she took a bottle of soju. Since she was about to close up anyways, there are no customers.

"Here you go." Jihyo poured some soju for Y/N.

"So how are you doing? How's your grandma's condition?" Y/N questioned.

"She seems to be doing fine now. I still couldn't manage to bring her to a doctor though. She's so stubborn."

"I think I'm really the only one that can convince her." Y/N sighed. She needs to bring Jihyo's grandma to the doctor as soon as possible. Mrs. Park and Y/N have a strong bound, so the woman trusts Y/N.

"Yes, so please Y/N, bring her to a doctor."

"I will, don't worry." Y/N assured.

"How are things with you though? I heard the news that you became an investor for ImTech's new project, now that explains why you were with Im Nayeon that night."

"I told you that we were business partners already." Y/N drank her soju.

"Yes, but I had a hard time believing that. I mean you working with Im Nayeon? Why? Are you trying to hurt Jin by using his sister?"

"Of course not. Jin doesn't even care about his sister. I could kill her and he still wouldn't care, in fact he would be happy."

"Why's that?" Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows.

"The two are fighting to become the next CEO, so if Nayeon disappears from the picture Jin will automatically become one."

"Oh, I get it now. That's why you're helping her. You don't want him to get that position."

"Bingo." Y/N smiled.

"I thought you said that you didn't want revenge anymore?"

"Yeah, I wasn't out for it but now the opportunity came to me itself."

"So what's your plan, Chou Y/N?"

"I'm not sure yet. For now I just need Im Nayeon to become the CEO so that Jin fails." Y/N sighed.

"Okay, so you're trying to screw Jin ovef but you're also helping Nayeon this way. Don't you think she's the same as her other family members? Why would you help her win? I'm sure she's as horrible as Jin." 

"My main target is just Jin right now. He's the one that harmed us Jihyo-yah, not Nayeon. Besides I don't think Nayeon is like him. She seems... different." Y/N said the last word weakly.

"Different as in what?"

"She acts like a spoiled brat but underneath there's a scared girl that wants to prove her father wrong."

"Aish, you already softened up to her?" Jihyo chuckled.

"No, I'm just saying. My plan isn't going smoothly though. Nayeon is inexperienced. If I leave it all to her then she'll screw up." 

"Then you need to take over." Jihyo suggested.

"How can I do that? I'm just her investor, she'll get suspicious if I try to help her even more."

"Make her trust you. Get closer to her. Become her friend." 

"She doesn't even seem to like being around me. She acts as if she's annoyed whenever I'm with her." Y/N sighed.