Chapter 56

"Ms. Chou, someone is here to see you." Dahyun informed Y/N.

"Who is it?"

"Hirai Momo." Y/N looked up hearing that name.

"Momo? Let her in." Why is Nayeon's assistant here?

"Hello, Ms. Chou." Momo walked in bowing.

"Sit down please." Y/N gestured to the seat in front of her. "What brings you here? Did something happen?"

"Yes, kind of. I was hesitant on wether or not to come here but you're the only one that can help me. I really don't have another choice. Can you please hear me out?" Momo does not expect for Y/N to actually listen to her knowing what her boss did to the CEO but luckily Y/N was all ears.

"I'm listening." Y/N knows that something must be wrong. Momo wouldn't come here for something small. It looks like Momo is stuck on something and doesn't know what to do.

"I'm guessing you know what happened to Ms. Im. She's... well she's not okay."

"I mean that's quite normal. She lost her position." Y/N doesn't get where Momo is going with this.

"It's not like that. She's not okay as in mentally not okay. I feel like she might fall into a severe depression if she goes on like this and I have a feeling that she's hurting herself."

"Why do you think that?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. Nayeon wouldn't hurt herself right? She's a strong girl, Y/N just can't imagine Nayeon hurting herself.

"I saw some recent cuts on her wrist and I actually found a knife in the guest room yesterday." Y/N's heart skipped a beat hearing that. Nayeon was abused her entire life by her asshole of a father and brother and now she's doing it to herself?

"Guest room? Is she staying with you?" Y/N questioned to which Momo nodded.

"Why? Why isn't she staying at home?"

"Her mom was apparently aware of Jinyoung's plans but she didn't warn Ms. Nayeon about it. So Ms. Nayeon got mad and left. She's staying with me for now until she finds somewhere else to stay." Y/N sighed upon hearing that. Why does Nayeon have such a toxic family? Nayeon doesn't deserve all this betrayal. 

First she got betrayed by her brother and father, then she got betrayed by Jeongyeon, her best friend, afterwards she also got betrayed by Y/N herself, the girl that Nayeon was crazy in love with and now she also got betrayed by her mother. Basically everyone that Nayeon cared about betrayed her. 

"Did she find a place?" 

"Not yet." Momo shook her head.

"Does she have enough money?" Y/N asked. Nayeon still has her shares and since she was the CEO for about four months she should have some money. That's if Jinyoung and Mr. Im didn't take it away from her.

"From what I know she does."

"That's good but why are you telling me all of this? I mean what can I even do?" 

"I'm worried that she might hurt herself. I've tried talking to her but she's not in her right mind. She gave up on everything. I figured if you maybe talked to her, she would come to her senses." Momo really does look worried. She's the only one that hasn't betrayed Nayeon yet and Y/N can see that Momo cares about her boss.

"I don't think me talking to her will help. It might make things worse." 

"She regrets everything, Y/N-ssi. She's not even that upset about losing her position as the CEO. She's more upset about losing you and not believing you." 

"I know. That's why it won't be a good idea to talk to her because I don't think I can. Not yet at least." Y/N shook her head. 

"Is there anything that I can do? I mean I hate to see her like this. In all the years I have known her I've never seen her so devastated. She's not eating and not sleeping. It's like she's not alive anymore." Momo informed and Y/N really feels bad right now. She hates to hear these things about Nayeon. She really wants to go and take care of her but she just can't do it. She can't forgive Nayeon that easily. Nayeon should try to get back on her feet herself, not with Y/N's help.