ᴛᴡᴏ.

~

It didn't end.

The pain, the screams, his cry. All of it stayed with him.

He was a demon to the world. He was a monster, an outcast. Unwanted.

He controls our fate.

How can he make the right decisions if his mind is clouded with greed?

~

Corrupted's perspective.

~

At the end of the day, all that matters is that our kind thrives.

I was the chosen one. The king of our kind.

Without my help, our species would've ended. 

The reign or us no-visors will never cease. I will make sure that my kind will thrive.

Every day, there are more of us. Every day, I choose a victim to corrupt with our disease.

There was one though, that had caught my eye. One that caught my non-existent visor.

He was red-suited. He had an outgoing-attitude and a lot of dreams.

There was something about him that... Well, stirred something inside of me. A feeling that I couldn't ignore no matter how hard I tried.

I may not remember my past life, but something about this crewmate, in particular, made me feel... Well, a feeling I cannot describe.

So, I did the only thing I knew how to. I corrupted him ever so slightly, cursing his dreams.

I thought it would break him. I thought it would eventually take over.

I was proven incorrect every morning he got up. Yes, he may have been terrified, but that didn't stop him from going on with his day, trying his hardest to ignore those dreams.

And, let me tell you, that made me extremely curious. No one I've ever encountered in my lifetime was as strong as a fighter he was.

I watched him every night, making his dreams more and more corrupted. But, he never broke.

~

It was corruption hour. Every night, when the clock strikes twelve, our whole species must find a victim to corrupt. 

I knew I was supposed to completely corrupt the red-suited crewmate. I've been watching him for weeks.

"My king," A green-suited no-visor says, "When are you finally going to corrupt that human?"

"That's none of your concern," I growl. He floats away at that.

I teleport into the skeld late that night, watching the red-suited crewmate. He whimpered and trembled as he slept.

My face morphs into a sadistic smile. I liked watching him slowly break.

His eyes suddenly shot open. He was sweating feverishly and crying to himself.

He decided to take a walk. I followed him, curious as to where he was going. 

This had never happened to him before. He always remained asleep until dawn.

He tiredly situates himself down on a chair, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"It's just a dream," he mumbles tiredly, again and again. He looked as if he was about to pass out right then and there.

That's when I decided to finally make my appearance. Break him like the fragile human he is.

~

Player's perspective.

~

"Leave me alone!" He shouted hopelessly, his chains binding his small feet to the cold floor.

There was nothing I could do. His eyes slowly disappeared.

The chains fall off of him, and he floats. His figure is no longer human, but a ghost.

The only facial feature that remained was his mouth. He smiled a demonic smile, his teeth stained with blood.

He charges at me, and I scream.

My eyes shot open. My whole body was shaking.

This dream was vivid compared to my previous ones. 

I was extremely exhausted, to say the least. Veteran was fast asleep next to me, his chest slowly rising with every breath he took.

I decided to take a small walk into the lobby. I take a seat and silently cry into my hands.

Why am I cursed to have these dreams every night? Why won't they end?

"It's just a dream," I mumble to myself, trying my hardest to actually convince myself that this was so.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I felt a presence. I felt like I was being watched.

Cool air hits my skin and I shiver. How is this possible, when the heat is on? Is the airlock leaking?

The cool air hits me harder. I stand up and start to walk toward the airlock.

A sudden gust of wind pins me to the wall behind me. I couldn't move. It was as if I was paralyzed.

The wind started to whisper. My mind started to cloud with darkness. Flashbacks of all of the nightmares I had suddenly filled my mind.

I screamed. The pain was unbearable.

I saw something in the corner of my eye. A floating demon, one too familiar to forget.

His eyeless stare only lasted for a moment, before he disappeared.

~

A/n: I'm sorry that these chapters are so short, but, on the bright side of things, I'll be updating this book rather quickly!