ꜰɪᴠᴇ.

~

What is the scariest word you can think of? Pain? Torture? Or even the dark?

To young Aiden, his worst fear was being alone.

As a young child, he was always scared of being abandoned. He was fearful of being left to die, alone-- no one there to save him.

Whether he remembered his past life or not, he did know he hated being alone.

Even as a hideous no-visor, he hated being alone. He craved attention.

It's been five years since he changed.

Could his memories be brought slowly?

~

Veteran's perspective.

~

It's been a month since Player disappeared.

I've been up late every night, wondering where he could be. Wondering if he's even alive.

It's currently three in the morning. I could barely keep my eyes open.

The sound of footsteps caused me to jolt awake. Who else could be up at this hour?

Cautiously, I step out of my room and take a look around. The gaping hallway was seemingly abandoned.

"H-Hello...?"

Silence.

Suddenly, a cool breeze swept past me. It sent shivers down my spine.

I could almost hear Player's voice in the wind.

...I should probably get to bed. My lack of sleep is causing me to hear things.

And I did just that.

~

Player's perspective.

~

It was late at night. I woke up to the sound of pained shrieks.

My eyes throbbed as I opened them, but I ignored the pain. My back ached from falling asleep on the ground.

I was surprised when I noticed the blanket wrapped around me.

The noise died down, and the room went silent. 

Wide awake, I decide to do a small investigation.

My arms were cuffed together. Every step I took made a clanking sound.

The sound of distant chatter caught my attention. I hid behind the door and listened quietly.

"Master, we have no use for the human!"

"Yeah, why can't we kill him?! He'll just discover all of our secrets!"

"Enough! You will not question me, understood?! This human is different from the others-- as time goes on, I will make my decision whether to kill him or not."

I bit my lip and walk back to my resting spot. I lay back down and hug myself to sleep, crying quietly to myself.

~

"Get up, human."

I struggle to open my eyes. The pain was almost unbearable, but I knew I'd feel even greater pain if I defied him.

A few stray drops of blood plop onto my hands. I ignore the pain and stand up.

No-Visor was floating before me, an unreadable expression on his face.