REAL TALK ON ASTORIA GREENGRASS

So I bet you're in conflict right now — Astoria saying no in the wedding, Draco running away and eloping with Vangie in Paris. What the hell just happened in that whirlwind of finale chapters?

Let's put our dream team Draco and Evangeline aside for just a moment and let's talk about our story's dynamic character, Astoria Greengrass.

     From what we recall in book one Between the Lines — Astoria was your typical class-A bitch who wanted to steal Vangie's man by purposely sabotaging their date in Hogsmeade. We hated her, we blamed her for being the reason why neither of them got to confess to each other that day. The dislike toward her was very much valid because she really did had the intent to make a move on Draco even when she was aware he was with Vangie that day.

     Now let's fast forward six years to In Between Minds where Draco and Astoria are engaged. It was a marriage very much arranged by Narcissa, Mr. and Mrs. Greengrass, and good ol' Lucy rotting in Azkaban. Not only did all of the adults wanted Draco to marry Astoria, but we need to remember that Narcissa (through hers and Lucius's decisions) made Vangie leave Draco and move countries. He was still very much in love with the girl who disappeared without a single word in the next 6 years, and so Draco was left with no choice but to obey his parents' decisions.

     Astoria had major character development — from being a bitch to someone who was so understanding and patient and loving toward Draco that made us all assume she was cheating. Or at least made us hope she was cheating so we would have reason for Draco to call off the wedding. But no — Astoria was the perfect fiancée.

     Everyone can change — that's what I wanted to show you through Astoria. That people can change for the better when it comes to whom they love, but that doesn't always mean they'll love you back. And this majorly sucks — especially if the story revolved in Astoria's point of view. She knows Draco has never and will never love her — at least not in the way he does for Vangie. That's why she chose to let him go in the end.

     Astoria would never cheat on Draco — she loves him too much. That's why she was so willing to change drastically just so she can hopefully be enough in Draco's eyes. Even in the end when she finally had the chance to be with him forever, she gave him up for his happiness.