Chapter twenty seven

"How the hell did you finish so fast?" Dariyah walks over to me as I sit off to the side, planning my perfect pitch.

"It was easy," I say without looking up from my laptop.

"Heh, yeah right."

I look up at her then, is she serious? Poor girl must have the same brain cells as a caveman, considering who she is, that kind of makes sense. Ha, caveman, I crack myself up.

"Ladies, no talking in the test room, take your conversation to the locker room." Coach walks over to us.

I sigh and pack up my laptop before walking to the locker room. Dariyah follows me. God my head is killing me.

"So, anyway, I am here to cash in on that favor you owe me." she follows me.

I roll my eyes.

"Not now, I'm sort of busy," I say.

"Too bad, you owe me one."

"What exactly am I going to be able to do for you?" I turn to face her.

"Asherah is thinking about transferring me, permanently, and I can't have that. I had to bust my ass just to get into this school. Plus I'm pretty sure I just bombed that test. So you are going to go talk to her, on my behalf. Tell her all about how I saved you from some jerks and how great of friends we've become." She grabs me by the shoulders.

I actually laugh in her face.

She frowns.

"You should have thought of that before trying to kill me. Why would I ever help you? If your gone, I have nothing to worry about." I shrug.

"I do have a sister here, and my dad is on the council." She narrows her eyes.

"And?"

"Did you get hit in the head or something? I can still make your life miserable even if I'm not here."

"Meh, I'm not worried about it." I pull away from her.

"That's bold talk coming from you."

I roll my eyes.

"Look, I'm begging here. I'll leave you alone forever. I promise. Please." She says sincerely.

"I'll think about it." I shrug.

"Name it, anything, please, I need you," she begs.

Oh, how the tables have turned. That's what you get for being a bully. Ha! Serves her right. Like I actually need anything from her. That's what you get when you burn bridges. She's a total lost cause.

"Emery, please..." she says softer, more desperate.

My head rings then, I grunt in pain and grab it. my vision flashes in and out and suddenly I am not in the locker room anymore. I'm standing outside, surrounded by fire and destroyed buildings.

Dariyah has her hands on my shoulders but as we lock eyes I can tell something is wrong. She looks down as I see a huge crystal sticking out of her chest. My eyes go wide. She coughs and falls forward into my arms.

"W-What's happening!?" I panic.

"Emery, please, don't let me die. Please." She begs with tears in her eyes.

I feel my own eyes water.

"Please, I'm not ready," she sobs.

Then Boom! I'm back in the locker room. This time I can tell I'm not the only one who saw that, Dariyah looks shaken to her core. She's in my arms, just like in the vision. We spring apart and she says,