Chapter Forty-Two

A lot has happened to me these past few weeks. I went from being a normal high school student. To a bigoted witch. To a Caster. To a candidate for student precedency, and then back to just being a normal caster.

Well, normal is subjective. I am one of two Star Casters in the whole world. I have been getting strange visions about different timelines. I have befriended my bullies and made strange allies. I have a girlfriend who can read my mind and a mentor whose girlfriend wants to kill me.

Does that count as normal?

I have a feeling it doesn't.

I do a once over of my appearance.

I don't want to give these council members any reason to patronize me. I plan to get to the bottom of this, today. And I won't give them any excuses not to take me seriously. I want them to know they can't just control me and have me go along with their every whim.

Emery Ellison is no pushover.

I wear the pleated skirt and the black button-up that comes with my uniform. I make sure my shoes shine and pull up my socks. I actually fixed up my ginger hair and straightened it. I filed my nails and washed my face. I even brushed my teeth, twice. To get them extra white and shiny. Then I fix a purple tie around my neck and shove my phone in my pocket.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with?" Vega asks.

"No, they want me to come alone. Plus I have a bone to pick with them." I say.

"Fine, just, be careful." She pecks me on the lips.

"I can teleport you know." I point out.

"Questionable," she smiles against my lips.

"I'll show you," I threaten.

She chuckles before kissing me again.

I feel all flowy inside. Is that a word to describe a feeling? Flowy? Well, it is now. Because I feel flowy.

"Ew gross, put a warning sign on the door or something." Dariyah walks into the room.

I sigh and pull away.

Vega glares at her.

"Are you sure we can't get rid of her?" I ask.

"Try it, I dare you." She flops on her bed.

"You are such a troll," I snark.

"Call me that again and I'll flatten your face." She cracks her knuckles in her spike gloves.

I narrow my eyes at her.

"Enough you two, do I need to get a time-out whistle?" Vega says.

"Do I even want to know what that is?" I ask.

"No," they say in unison.

"Whatever, I need to get going anyways."

"Can I at least walk you?" Vega offers.

"No, I'll be fine." I peck on the lips again.

She sighs in defeat.

I stand straight and walk out with my head held high.

"Try not to die," Dariyah calls after me.

I roll my eyes and ignore her.

On my way out I run into Nerissa and Ro.

"Hey, what did your parents say?" I ask.

"They just gave me the run-around. Something is definitely going on." She warns me.