Chapter Fifteen - The meeting

Hi readers,
A very long chapter this time,
I think it's the longest one I've done so far.
Image taken of Google.
Not sure who it belongs to but it was the closest to this chapter. Credit goes to them.
Dedicated to everyone reading this, leaving comments or voting.
Also dedicated to T <T :-)
Please enjoy.

'Dream
When you're feeling blue
Dream
That's the thing to do
Just watch the smoke rising high in the air
You'll find your share of memories there

So dream
When the day is through
Dream
And they might come true
Things never are as bad as they seem
So dream, dream, dream'
                    - Dream - Roy Orbison

The main road was bustling with vehicles as Kongpob and Pete manoeuvre their way past last evening commuters. Workers going home from a long day, Shop owners closing up or last minute shoppers.  For the time it was the sky was just darkening, leaving lingering shadows. The sky was clear but the weather had stayed only slightly cool for most of the day.

“So, I suppose he’s carrying a copy of a book with a flower” Pete asks as they cross a small street heading in the direction of a small cafe. He looks towards Kong when he gets no answer. He was actually kidding. Kong slows his steps as he tries not to look at him, just looking ahead. Pete chuckles as his eyebrows disappear into his hair line.

“What! Really?” He grins when again Kong won’t look at him. “That is so clinched, dude”.

“Look, I’m only staying ten minutes”. Kong says, as they walk along. “ I’ll say hello, have a cup of coffee and then leave. That’s what I’m going to do.” Pete nods. “ I just hope he doesn’t have a squeaky voice like the mice in the cartoon version of ‘Cinderella’, I hate that”. He stops suddenly almost making a woman, walking close behind, bump into him. He waii’s and apologises as she tuts, watching as she walks away and then turning on Pete. “Why am I even doing this? Why am i even compelled to meet him? Why?”.

Pete reaches over and pats his shoulder. “Kong, serious. You need to relax, dude. You’re just taking it to the next level. I always do that. I always take a relationship to the next level and if that works I take it to the next until I’ve reached that level where it becomes absolutely necessary for me to leave.”

“So, your date went well then from the other night?” Kong asks.

Pete smirks, “you could say that, yes”.

“Huh!, well I won’t be staying that long anyway”. Kong says. “I did say that, didn’t I?”.   

Pete chuckles “Yes, you did”.

”huh!”

They start walking again, crossing more streets and passing people hurrying along, until soon they reached a small cafe with the words ‘Cafe Lalo’ on a big lit up sign, over the top of the large front window. There’s a flight of steps with a metal railing that leads up to a set of double doors, covered with a multitude of mini fairy lights, and lighting up the whole of the front like a brightly lit Christmas tree. As he gets closer, Kong starts to slow his steps until he comes to a complete stop again.

“Well, ok. Here we are”. He pulls out his phone and checks the time, fidgeting with it in his hands. “Eight o’clock. We got here fast, didn’t we?”

Pete nods. “Yep”.

“Pete,” Kong says, Pete can feel the agitation in Kong’s voice, “ this man is one of the most adorable creatures I have ever been in contact with and if he turns out even to be as good-looking as a mailbox, I’d be crazy not to turn my life upside-down and marry him”.