1x05 - The Vulture

Megan's POV:

"Hey, you guys see the guy I bought in today? The drug dealer? 81 years old. I think it's the oldest collar in my entire career." Jake said to Rosa, Amy and me.

"I once arrested a 98-year-old for flashing. I was terrified he'd die in the backseat or flash me," Amy said.

"My oldest collar was 78, but the PCP made her fight like she was 20," Rosa said.

"My oldest was a 114 but she looked and seemed like she was in her 50s," I said.

"What about two 50-year-old twins? Does that count as a 100-year-old?" Scully asked.

"No," Jake said.

"Charles walked into the precinct holding two cups of coffee and a cup of tea. He handed me the cup of tea and said "You guys talking oldest bags? 68."

"That's not that old, Megan has arrested the oldest one out of all of us with an age of 114," Amy said.

"Wow. Yeah, but I was only 20," I just looked at him in horror as I knew where this was heading.

"20? Were you even a cop then?" Jake asked.

"No, man, it was before I got into the academy," Charles said. I then just looked away from him in disgust as I couldn't even look at him.

The realisation then dawned on Rosa's face. "Charles isn't talking about his oldest arrest."

"Ew!" Everyone said.

"No-yes, I am. Yeah, my oldest arrest was 68, like I said," Charles said hurriedly.

"God, you had sex with a 68-year-old when you were in your 20s?" I asked.

"You know how it is. When you have a chance to bed an older woman, you-" Charles said.

"No, that is not an older woman. That's an old woman! That's someone's grandma," Jake said while laughing.

"She was, actually. That's how I met her. Went to college with her grandson Marvin. Don't, don't knock it till you try it. She had a replacement hip with some serious torque. It was like having sex with a transformer," Charles said.

"Too much information, Charles," I said while getting back to the work that was on my desk.

We were in the briefing room and Terry then asked "Peralta, where are we on the Lincon place murder?"

"Well, like I told Captain Holt earlier this week, we are at the one-yard line. It's a football reference," Jake said.

"Yes, Jake. I played linebacker at Syracuse," Terry said.

"Really? In high school, I played centre field in the musical Damn Yankees," Charles said proudly.

"Yeah, you don't want to brag about that," I said under my breath so only Amy could hear it.

"Peralta, you want to loop everyone in?" Holt said from the back of the room.

"Ehh," Jake said while leaning back on his chair.

"That was not a request," Holt said.

"Fine," Jake groaned and walked up to the front of the room.

"Get ready for some stuff on screen. Meet Fred Gorman, prominent citizen, lawyer, corpse." Jake said when the screen changed pictures. "Now meet his wife, Ann Hoert. She did not take his last name, but I believe that she did take his life."

"Nice," Charles said.

"Thank you, Charles," Jake said.

"Now Hoert had means, motives and opportunity. We just need to find the murder weapon. For some reason, the D.A. won't move forward with the arrest until we find the knife she used," Jake said.