Whirl Wind of The New Life ~ Ch. 3

One after another everyone jumped from the ledge above into the net below and were pulled out one by one. Only one person refused to jump, she's now factionless.

We all gathered in a group by the young guy that pulled us out of the net.

"I'm Four for those of you that don't know me." He said to us. I rolled my eyes at his name. What a weird name.

"And I'm James. I will be taking the Dauntless born with me. Since you guys don't need the basics. Let's go." He said and almost all of the initiates went with him. Crap. There weren't very many transfers. There were about 10 of us.

"Come with me." Four said as he started walking. He lead us through a few passage ways and into a room that was probably going to be used for fighting.

"This is where the first stage of training will take place. You will train in here for the first two weeks. You will learn to throw knives, shoot guns, and learn to be able to fight in hand to hand combat."

"This will help determine who will be moving into stage two." A voice said from the shadows. Then a guy about Four's age walked over to us. He was good looking; tattoos down his neck and arms and piercings. He was very attractive but intimidating none the less.

"Move to stage two? Don't we all?" I asked without realizing I opened my mouth. My Candor habits will be the death of me.

The guy walked slowly and silently up to me until he was standing right in front of me looking down at me. Which when you are only 5'3" is intimidating. He had to at least be 6'0".

"A big mouth Candor, my favorite. Yes initiate. Only 10 will make it through initiation. You chose us, now we have to chose you." He said still in my face.

Old habits die hard. I rolled my eyes at his empty threat that was supposed to sound intimidating and cryptic.

"Do that one more time initiate, I dare you." He said through his teeth. Obviously pissed off.

Pissing people off is my favorite past time so I smirked and exaggerated my eye roll a second time. I saw it coming before it made contact. He was going to smack me on my face but I was too quick for that. I ducked my head down feeling the arm pass above my head and retaliated by sweeping his legs out from underneath him.

I looked up to see Four smirking instead of the angry face I was thinking I was going to be met with.

"We start tomorrow at 8am sharp. Free time until then. Your bunks are going to be two doors down from here. You will all be sleeping in one room together." Four said. The other guy had picked himself up and was standing next to Four whispering something in his ear. Four nodded.

"I'm Eric. I'm a Dauntless leader and will be assisting with the initiation process. You are all dismissed. Except Nikki." He said to us.

Greeeeeeat I beat up a Dauntless leader. I'm so done for. Factionless can't be that bad right?? Oh God.

Everyone was gone from the room, including Four when Eric finally spoke.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Eric said idly picking up a knife from the table near by and throwing it at the board a good distance away. It landed dead center.

"I have an older brother and he always had friends over. I just learned to get away from them and defend myself."

"Strength and bravery, not defiance, are looked upon good here. Learn the difference. You have two weeks of community service in the tattoo parlor stating day after tomorrow. Don't let it happen again, big mouth." Eric said and walked out.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and walked out of the room to find Jade waiting for me.

"Are you alive?" She asked. I nodded my head not being able to find my voice. "Let's get food then!" She said pulling me in the direction of food.

Words: 703

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE WRITTEN THIS ELSE WHERE ON THE INTERWEB BUT IT IS STILL MIIIIIINE