Chapter 19

Loud knocking could be heard at the front door, and all I did was bury my head deeper into Ross’ chest. He groaned slightly, tightening his arms around me. The loud knocking stopped, and I breathed a sigh of relief before letting my body relax and drift off back to sleep.

But, just as I was about to fall back asleep, the knocking continued. “Who the fuck is that?” Ross asked, his voice raspy from sleep.

“I don’t know.” I groaned. “But make it stop.” I was whining, yes, but I didn’t care. It was too damn early.

“This is fuckin’ ridiculous.” He grumbled, climbing out of bed. He quickly kissed my forehead before exiting the room we had been sharing for two weeks. I knew Ross wasn’t happy, since he was swearing like a sailor under his breath.

I could barely hear the front door being opened, followed by, “What are you doing here?” That was Ross, obviously.

“Geez, nice to see you, too, bro.” Rydel said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Wait, Rydel? Why was she here so early?

Realizing that I wasn’t going to fall back asleep, I climbed out of bed and left the bedroom, making my way towards Ross and Rydel. I immediately glared at the blonde that woke us up, and all she did was laugh.

“Nice bed head.” She commented, giggling.

I couldn’t see my hair, but I assumed it was wild. “Well, I didn’t expect to have anyone over at,” I glanced at the clock on the stove. “Eight in the morning. So, what are you doing here? Not that I don’t love you, but I’d really like to go back to bed.”  

“We’re going shopping for the baby!” She exclaimed, a huge smile on her face.

I looked at Ross, who shrugged and let out a yawn, before turning back to my crazy friend. “Why?”

“Why?” Her eyes practically popped out of her head. “You’re due in four months and you have nothing! You need clothes, a crib, diapers-“

“Whoa, relax.” I soothed, placing my hands on her shoulders. “Shouldn’t I be the one freaking out about this? Del, four months is plenty of time to get everything the baby needs.”

“How are you not freaking out?” She exclaimed.

“Probably because I’m too tired.” I yawned.

“And she’s not crazy.” Ross added, earning a punch in the arm from his sister. “That didn’t hurt.”

She let out a tiny growl before turning to me, a pleading look in her eyes. “Can we please go baby shopping? I want to buy cute clothes for my niece!” She was giving me the puppy dog eyes, something she knew I could never resist.

“Fine.” I caved in, letting out a groan. “Why couldn’t you have woken us up later? I’d probably be more excited about this.”

Rydel rolled her eyes and playfully shoved my shoulder. “Just go get ready. I’ll be raiding your fridge.”

I let out a small yawn as Ross and I made our way back to our bedroom. He immediately collapsed onto the bed, while I started searching the closet for something to wear. I chose a pair of black yoga pants and a simple blue V-neck. I slipped into the bathroom to change and brush my teeth, ridding myself of morning breath. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail and added a touch of makeup before exiting the bathroom.

Walking back into the bedroom, I expected Ross to be sleeping, but was surprised when I saw him fully dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a white V-neck with a black leather jacket over. He was wearing his usual converses, and his hair was a bit messy, but it made him look sexy.