Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this book besides my own. This book is AU (Alternate Universe). R5, nor the Lynches have any popularity in this book. This entire book is written in my characters POV.

I stared at the stick in my hands, tears rolling down my face. My hands were trembling, and I was afraid they were never going to stop. My eyes wouldn't take themselves off the little plus sign, and it was as if I was trying to somehow change the result. Nothing would change the result.

A couple of weeks ago, I had started feeling a little off, but I just shook it off. But a few days ago, I started puking every morning. Again, I thought I was just getting the stomach flu. But when I didn't get my period yesterday, I had a bad feeling. I had never been late in my life. My period always came on the exact same date.

That's how I ended up crying on the bathroom floor, a positive pregnancy test in my hand. A test that said I was five weeks pregnant.

"Sky, you home?" I heard Ross, my best friend call.

I quickly wiped away the tears and stood up, glancing at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked presentable. My face was a little blotchy, but it wasn't so bad. I walked out of the bathroom, ran into my bedroom, and hid the pregnancy test in one of my drawers.

"Skylar?" He called again.

I cleared my throat, hoping it wouldn't sound shaky as I talked. "I'm in my room, Ross!" I shouted back.

His heavy footsteps were heard as he ran down the hall of our apartment. He appeared in the doorway of my room in seconds, and wrapped me in a hug immediately. I hugged back, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Why weren't you in class today?" He asked once we pulled away. He sat down on my bed and patted the spot next to him. I sat down. "You never miss class. Are you alright?"

Time to lie. "Yeah, I'm fine." I flashed him a smile, but it was fake. "I just wasn't feeling all that well today."

"Do you have a fever?" He asked, pressing the back of his hand on my forehead. "Nope, no fever."

"Ross, I'm fine." I assured him. Lie! I was far from fine! "I guess it's just one of those days."

He nodded, although he seemed unsure. "So would you be up to coming with me to Rydel and Ellington's house? Everyone's going to be there."

I nodded. "Sure. Let me just freshen up." He nodded and quickly kissed my forehead before hurrying out of my room. I closed my door and made sure it was locked before opening my drawer. I grabbed the pregnancy test and stared at it for a few moments before sighing and putting it back.

"How am I supposed to get through this?" I whispered.

My boyfriend, Ben and I had been going out for two years, and he was the love of my life. Well, I thought he was. Just last month, I found out he was cheating on me with some dumb bimbo that went to the same college as us. As soon as I found out, I dumped his sorry ass and didn't look back. I honestly thought he loved me, but I was so wrong.

Ross, who had been my best friend since birth, never found out what Ben did. He didn't even know we broke up. Nobody knew, and I planned on keeping it that way for a while.

As for my family, I didn't have any. My parents died a couple of years ago in car crash, and I never had any siblings. All my grandparents were dead as well, so that just left me. Well, me and the Lynch's. I met Ellington Ratliff, Rydel's husband when they first started going out. I knew right away that they would get married. They just looked so perfect together. They had been married for a year now.