Chapter 9

"This is really relaxing." I sighed happily, my sunglasses over my eyes.

"But tanning is so boring." Ross whined from beside me. "Can we please go in the water?" I looked at him, only to see that he was giving me the puppy dog look.

"You go." I told him. "I want to relax for a little bit."

"Then will you go in?" He was hopeful.

I rolled my eyes from behind my sunglasses. "Fine."

"Yes!" He exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air. "You better come in soon." He gave me a quick kiss before running into the water. Since he was shirtless, his back muscles were rippling as he ran. I was staring, but I didn't care. My boyfriend was fucking hot.

Today was our last day in Florida, so we decided to relax at the beach. We spent most of the vacation going to the other Disney parks, which was apparently Ross' surprise for me. His parents had bought us the tickets for the Magic Kingdom, but Ross bought the tickets for the other parks. I was shocked when he told me. He spent so much money on me, and yet I bought nothing for him. He was truly amazing.

I was on a beach chair under an umbrella, about to fall asleep, when I felt someone's presence next to me. "Ross, I told you I'd come in later." I mumbled, not bothering to open my eyes.

"Um, I'm not Ross." An unfamiliar voice said. I removed my sunglasses and looked up to see a guy I had never seen before. He had brown hair and brown eyes, and since he was shirtless, I was able to see his abs. I had to admit he was good looking, but I wasn't interested.

"Um, not to be rude, but who are you?" I asked. Who was this guy? And why was he talking to me?

"Is your name Skylar Evans?" He asked, ignoring my question.

My eyes widened in shock. "How did you know that?" Okay, I needed Ross. Could he come out of the water?

"Because I'm Matthew Evans." He stated calmly. "I'm your brother."

My entire body froze, and my mind went blank. This was a joke, right? I mean there was no way that I could have a brother. It was impossible.

"You're joking, right?" I asked, finally able to find my voice. I slowly stood up, my knees slightly shaking. Was I on some reality show where they make fools of everyone?

"I'm not joking, Skylar." He said, shaking his head. "I'm your older brother."

"What's going on?"

I whipped my head around to find Ross walking towards us. He looked slightly angry, his hands balled up into fists. Was it wrong of me to think he looked really sexy angry? Probably.

"Who are you and why are you talking to my girlfriend?" Ross asked angrily, wrapping his arm around my waist. He was wet due to swimming in the ocean, but I didn't care.

"I'm Skylar's brother." Matthew repeated.

I felt Ross freeze from beside me. "Excuse me?"

"I'm Skylar's brother." He repeated.

Ross scoffed. "I've known Skylar my entire life, and I think I would've remembered if she had a brother. Nice try, dude."

"I'm not lying." Matthew said, his eyes looking pained. "Look, I have a picture." He reached into the pocket of his swim shorts and pulled out a picture. I hesitantly took it and scanned it over. I held back the gasp that was going to escape.

The picture was of my parents and a baby boy that looked only a few months old. I turned it over and read the date that was written in black marker. It said 1987, followed by the words: Baby Matthew, 3 months old.