IV

HE FOUND US
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HE FOUND US▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"DID YOU WEAR that to purposefully piss me off?" Willow was exhausted, and Jess being the first thing she saw, dressed in CAMOUFLAGE, wasn't helping her current migraine.

"Yes." Jess said before retreating back upstairs, leaving Willow in the diner by herself.

"Why is he even awake?" Willow mumbled to herself, rubbing her good eye as she heard Luke's apartment door open and close.

It was before school, early enough that it was still dark out.

Willow loved mornings. She sure as hell wasn't a morning person, but when she happened to be up at the crack of dawn, she felt like the only person alive.

Today was a completely different story.

Sliding her bag onto the counter, Willow took a seat in her favorite red stool, putting her head in her hands and rubbing her temples.

More than anything, Willow wanted to forget the events of the night before, but the bruise on her eye and the cuts on her cheek bones had a different plan.

She had gotten stitches.

Cam did them for her, thankfully her mother taught her before she became a coke loving whore (Cam's words).

Willow couldn't do hospitals, especially not now, so she thanked her lucky stars that Cam had at least basic medical practice.

The pain wasn't her worry, not at all. Her worry was Luke's reaction. Shawny covered up Willow's black eye as best as possible, but it was still obvious, and her stitches could be seen from a mile away.

"Oh my god, I have stitches." She muttered in despair, grimacing when her head started pounding. "How could I be so stupid?"

"Willow?" Her head shot up from her hands the second she heard Luke's voice from the stairs. "You're very early."

"I know." Willow busied herself with opening her bag, now covering her face on the counter.

"You hungry?" Luke's question relaxed Willow, thankful he didn't ask her why she was at least 2 hours early to work.

"No, I'm good." Willow put her bag down. In a last second decision, Willow blurted out, "I got stitches yesterday," as Luke's eyes widened at the sight of her face.

"I can see that." Luke's attempt at staying calm had Willow smiling despite her aching head. "What happened?"

Willow hesitated, her shoulders tensing up. "Do you have any ice?

THE DAY BEFORE

Willow knew something was wrong the second she got back to the house.