[1] tolerate it

"Anything else for you two?" the waitress asked and Beatrix glanced across the table. Her dates eyes were focused on something in his lap.

She looked up at the server, "We'll have your most expensive wine."

The women nodded before making her way to the kitchen. Beatrix tapped her fingers on the edge of the table, growing rather irritated with the man across from her. As though someone knew she needed saving, someone called her. She was grateful until she saw that it was Tony Stark calling.

Beatrix huffed before accepting the call. The man across from her had hardly paid her any attention since they arrived, why shouldn't she take the call? "Stark," Beatrix greeted, "It's my night off, what do you want?"

"I could use your help," he explained. "I'm in one of HYDRA's resource facilities."

She sighed before pulling up the location. "Give me one minute," she hung up the phone and looked toward her date. "I'm going to use the restroom," she excused herself and he waved her off, his focus on the game that was being broadcast on his phone that he had been watching the whole time under the table.

She rolled her eyes before she walked away. She took a deep breath before pinpointing the exact spot Tony would be at and teleported to him. Beatrix took a seat next to him and immediately set to work, "Don't you have JARVIS to do this?"

He looked at her in surprise, clearly not realizing she had appeared, "You look nice."

"Tell that to my date," she replied. "Everything's been sent to base," she explained, "But that can't be all there is." She stood up from the chair and looked around the room for a moment, performing an IR scan. "Here," she gestured to the wall, "Steel reinforcement and an air current."

"Don't you have a date to get back to?" he inquired as they approached the door.

"He's watching some basketball game," she explained, "Probably hasn't even noticed I'm gone."

"Please be a secret door," he muttered to himself as he placed his hand on the wall and pushed, causing it to open, "Yay!"

"God, you're such a child," Beatrix shook her head in disbelief before walking into the room.

"I'm flattered that you consider me God," he replied and she rolled her eyes.

She stitched herself into the comm line as Steve spoke up. "We have a second enhanced," he announced. "Female. Do not engage."

There was a muffled voice speaking, "You'll have to be faster than..."

There was a thud and then Steve clearly spoke, "Guys, I got Strucker."

"Yeah," Tony replied. "We got...something bigger." They entered a room which seemed to be filled with recovered artifacts from the Battle of New York. Tony walked further in when he spotted the scepter, "Thor, I got my eyes on the prize."

"What exactly is an enhanced?" Beatrix asked.

"Sort of like you," he waved off as he looked around the room in awe. "You know, powers from being tinkered with. Not the robot part. That's still unique to just you."

"I'm so glad," she replied sarcastically.

Beatrix's computer started flashing a warning in her mind. She turned around to find a woman standing behind Tony, one hand by his head and the other pointed at her. She tapped her wrists together creating a shield in front of her, "Who are you?"

"Why didn't it work on her?" someone spoke up as they stepped out of the shadows. They had a thick accent and the woman glanced back at him.

"I don't know."

He turned to look at Tony, "Kill him."

"Hang on," Beatrix shook her head. "I can't let you do that." She wasn't entirely sure what she was going to do considering the last time she was on the field was almost six years ago but she would make do with what she had.

"What makes you think you can stop us?" he inquired, his eyebrow raised. He looked her up and down, clearly taking in her attire. It didn't take a genius to connect the dots and realize she was not exactly a fighter.

She watched him for a moment before she tapped her wrists together again, allowing the shield to drop. "The world is a complicated place," Beatrix said pointedly, she raised her hands above her head slowly to show she meant no harm to the twins. "I wish you no harm. Just let my friend go."

"Your friend-" he began, venom laced in his tone, "-is the reason our parents are dead."

She shook her head, "He wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose."

"He's evil."

"If you think that he's bad, how could you possibly be okay working for HYDRA?"

The woman who was previously focused on Tony turned to look at her, "We won't kill him."

The man looked at her in disbelief, "We have him."

She dropped her hands and released Tony from whatever spell she had him under. She gently moved her brother back as he watched Beatrix with narrowed eyes.

"Thank you," Beatrix muttered gratefully before she joined Tony as he walked toward the scepter. He appeared to not notice that anyone else was in the room with him.

"Aha," Tony said as he stuck his hand out. His Iron Man hand flew toward him and once it was attached, he picked up the scepter and showed it to Beatrix, "Mission complete."

"We still have to actually get out," she reminded him. Her gaze flickered to the shadows of the room but the enhanced pair didn't appear to be visible.

"Always a downer," he tsked.

"Let's just get out of here before you find some way to get us even closer to death than we already are." She stuck her hand out, glancing around for a brief moment. Tony placed his hand in hers and she teleported them to where his suit was.

He stepped inside, allowing the suit to envelop him. "You know where the ship is?" She nodded before he took off. She teleported to where the ship was located and waited for the others to arrive.