[11] close

They ushered everyone onto the boats quickly, making sure every citizen was accounted for. "Thor, I got a plan!" Tony announced over the comm.

"We're out of time," Thor pointed out. "They're coming for the core."

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier," Tony requested.

"On it," Rhodey replied.

"Avengers, time to work for a living," Tony stated.

Beatrix teleported to the core, joining Thor and and Vision. Pietro appeared a moment later and walked toward his sister, "You good?"

She nodded, "Yeah."

"Romanoff?" Tony spoke up. "You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini.'"

"Relax, Shell-head," Natasha suggested. "Not all of us can fly."

"Princessa," Pietro greeted and Beatrix jumped as she scanned the area.

"Would you stop doing that?" she requested. She wished this would all be over already. She wanted nothing more than for the people to be safe.

"Why would I stop?" he mused. "It's fun watching you jump." She turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "How about that kiss?"

"Like I said, keep dreaming."

He huffed, shaking his head at her but a faint smile rested on his lips, "Every night."

She rolled her eyes. "Be careful," he suggested as he rested his hand on the side of her face. He placed a kiss on her forehead and if she were capable of blushing, she surely would have. "I'll see you later."

"What's the drill?" Natasha asked as she arrived.

"This is the drill," he pointed at the Vibranium core. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

The Avengers placed themselves surrounding the core. Beatrix looked around for a moment when her eyes locked with Pietro's. He sent a wink her way and she rolled her eyes, a smile making its way onto her face.

Any feeling of giddy was wiped away when Ultron appeared.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor inquired as they observed the floating robot on his own.

Ultron summoned his army of robots and Steve huffed, "You had to ask."

"This is the best I can do," Ultron replied. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said," Tony stated. "Together."

The robots charged toward them and the Avengers swiftly took them out one by one. Beatrix had her shield up as Pietro stopped behind her for a brief moment, taking a deep breath. He scanned the area before he took off again, his hand brushing against her lower back as he did so.

Beatrix sliced through the nearby robots with her laser eyes. She was really quite fond of them. They were easy to use and highly convenient. The only issue was that if she used them for too long, she could feel herself heating up.

Tony, Thor and Vision ganged up on Ultron, sending all their power and might toward him. It was clear that the Avengers were winning.

Ultron was clearly weakened as the Hulk approached him. "You know, with the benefit of hindsight-" Ultron began but he was cut off when the Hulk knocked him away. The robots began to retreat.

"They'll try to leave the city," Thor informed them.

"We can't let 'em, not even one," Tony pointed out. "Rhodey!"

"I'm on it," Rhodes replied. Vision took off a moment later, helping make sure every robot was handled.

Beatrix heard the whoosh before she saw him. He stepped in front of her, a smirk on his face. "I knew the kiss would be all the luck we needed."

"You put a lot of faith in a very insignificant thing," she informed him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It was not insignificant," he countered, his smirk growing even more. Beatrix would have said that it weren't possible but apparently she was prone to being wrong about a lot recently. "You know as much I do that it was anything but insignificant."

It was her turn to smirk, "See, I'm starting to think that your ego is so inflated that you were truly imagining kissing yourself."

His eyes narrowed slightly, "In that case, I'm sure it was the best kiss anyone has ever experienced."

"You give yourself a little to much credit."

"Hmm," he replied. "Maybe you are just in denial," he suggested. "The whole closed off, I'm a cyborg with no emotions thing doesn't work with me."

"I never claimed to have no emotions," she pointed out. "In fact, there are two emotions that I experience most commonly around you."

"And what would those be?"

She held up a finger for each one, "Annoyance and irritation." She waved her hand, "See, you were right - which is a first. I'm not emotionless."

"But you are in denial," he countered.

"Am I?" she mused.

"Yes," he confirmed rather confidently. "And when this is all over I will prove it to you. Over and over and over again."

It didn't take a genius to know what he meant. At this moment, she had never been more thankful that she couldn't blush because if she could, she would have been redder than Tony 's suit.

"Don't you have more important things to be doing?"

"Yes," someone answered and they both looked over to find Wanda watching them.

Pietro cleared his throat, "You did a great job, Wanda."

"I know," she relied before she grabbed his arm and pulled him away from Beatrix. He smiled sheepishly at the girl as his sister pulled her away and Beatrix rolled her eyes. She was glad that not everything had to change.