Chapter 2

The man took off his robe and found the desk with a small stride, he put it on the chair in front of him, stopped moving, and asked again: " ···What?"

Her eyes widened, reflecting her bewilderment.

"I need a man to spend the night with. I overheard the servants saying that we can meet men in a bar or something of that sort, but I don't know how to get there."

"Why do you need such a man?"

"I'm trying to get back at someone I hate."

The man frowned at Carinne's words. He quit trying to discern whether she was being genuine or not. He had to rely on his other senses because he couldn't see her, but he could not feel pretension in her voice.

‘...Is it a lovers-quarrel?' He thought it must be a case of wanting to get back at a cheating lover by giving him a taste of his own medicine. However, he knew best how dirty and dangerous this area was.

"That's a dangerous idea. If it's just for revenge, I recommend looking for another way."

"No, I don't have time. I have to do it today."

Whenever Carinne spoke in a light voice, she wondered how long it’s been since she addressed someone so comfortably. 

He didn't know who she was no matter what she askes or said.

“…Is that something you must do?"

"Yes."

The man stood in silence.

"Oh, don't tell me you won't show me the way because I did help you as promised."

"Because you helped me, I will help you."

"Thank you."

The man said, taking off his uniform-like jacket with a pattern on it, uncuffing the cuffs of his white shirt, and rolling up his sleeves, he strode toward her with steps that were unbelievably accurate for someone who couldn't see. His senses were more sensitive than others, and it wasn't that difficult to tell where she was from her breath.

Perched on the window frame, Carinne eyed the man who was standing at a hair’s breadth away from her. He looked so determined as he reached out his arm and put his hand on her cheek.

"Then what about me?"

"Huh?"

“Wouldn’t I be better than other men you’d never know where they crawled out from?”

Carinne stared up at the man. Of course, she didn't think that it was a bad idea. The man had a very attractive appearance.

"You can't see with your eyes, can you?"

"I can do it even if I can't see."

He bent down and kissed Carinne's lips as her eyes opened wide.

"Are you offended?"

"...Well, no. It's okay."

Carinne's honest answer naturally brought the man's hand down to support her waist firmly and she frowned as his kiss became rougher but she didn’t break it off.

"You sound dead set on sleeping with a man.", he said, bowing to Carinne, who was determined not to move. Laughing low, he bit Carinne's lower lip.

"If you don't like me, I'll let you know the right place."

Carinne contemplated for a while and then smiled. She was much better off with a man who didn't see than to go look for another person.

"It's all right."