8man's Weekend Was Deeper Than Expected

Hachiman POV

In the end, Yui and I decided to go home and try not to dwell on the fact that Yukinoshita left without saying anything. The time is currently 12:55 AM, but no matter how how much fatigue I feel at the moment. I could not sleep for at least another two hours.

Yukino POV

The next morning, I woke up at about 8:00 AM out of habit. Looking around to remember what happened last night, I realized that I fell asleep on the couch in the living room. Stretching my cat arms and yawning, I decided that I might as well try to see what kind of place Hikigaya-kun lives in. I walked out of the living room and near the entrance. To the left of me is the front door and to the right is a single staircase that leads upwards to the second floor.

Before I could continue, I was interrupted by someone's voice. "Hey!"

I did not see any humans around. Instead, next to the staircase, I see a white cat with golden eyes.

"Did you just say something that I can comprehend, or am I imagining things?" I reply.

"That's right. I can speak to you. What are you anyway? What the hell is inside you [6]? You must be a human." I froze. "I can smell you. Whoever is inside that body is not a cat."

I can only imagine how strange this must seem: two cats having a drawn out contest of aggressive meowing. I blinked to make sure that the feline in front of me is not a hallucination. "My name is Yukino Yukinoshita. What is your name, again?"

"Fool! My name is Kamakura, and I am the master of this house. I have an idea. Why don't you join me and become my loyal subservient and knight? I shall grant you the title of Knight of Neko. Together, we will take over the world [7]!"

What? What the hell? Is this person, I mean cat, mentally disturbed? I don't want to take over the world!

"I will have to politely decline your strange offer."

Kamakura hissed a little. "Fool [8]! You could at least try to act like a normal cat who is defensive of their territory and rights!"

"Whatever. I don't like pushy people. Besides, if I was one of the main characters in a story where World War III happened, I would want to be one of the heroes who destroys corruption through peaceful means."

"Fool! Suit yourself."

Kamakura turned around and trudged down the hallway and into the dining room. What a weirdo.

I continued my tour of the house as I climbed up the stairs. To my right is the master bedroom. I turned to the left and walked down the hallway. One door is open a crack, and inside it is a sleeping Komachi. Maybe she is scared of the dark and needs light from the hallway.

The last two doors at the end of the hall must be a bathroom and Hikigaya-kun's bedroom.
I wonder what Hikigaya-kun plans to do this weekend.

. . . . . . .

I sat on the counter of in the kitchen and waited for someone to serve me breakfast, and much to my pleasure, Hikigaya-kun answered my prayers.

"Mew!"

He rubbed his eyes, stretched, and yawned. "What is it, Kuroko-chi [9]? Are you hungry?"

"Mew! Mew!"

Hikigaya-kun went over to a drawer and pulled out a bowl. He looked at me and said, "I've got something for you. Luckily, I remembered to buy it at the pet store last night while on the way home from Yukinoshita's."