ψThirty-Fourψ

Jisung set down comfortably in the car seat, immediately taking the drenched towel that Minho offered him to wrap around his shoulders. His tail was a bit scrunched against the chair in front of him, but save for the occasional puff of air from his lips, he didn't make any complaints to the uncomfortable arrangement. Simply, he waited as Minho quickly did his seatbelt, the fins of his tail coming close to slapping the older in the face with how he had to keep it bent. The older held back the urge to touch his scales as he slid into the other seat. Much to the dismay of his self-control to not play with the fins, Jisung settled with his tail splayed along the older's lap.

"I take it Snappy's plan went well," Chan guessed as he loosened his grip on the steering wheel of his car. His gaze briefly flickered to the one he mentioned standing outside the vehicle before switching up to the rear view mirror in order to look at the merman, "Where are we taking you?"

Jisung scrunched down in the car seat, the towel wrapped around his body wrinkling with ever inch he sunk go avoid answering. He coughed up, murmuring to his hands that wrapped the fabric tightly around him, "Jindo. That's where I was caught."

"Jindo... The island? So three hours? It'll be around morning when we get to the beaches there. Will you be okay out of water for that long?"

"I might get restless, but that's it."

"Good luck," Chan's eyes in the mirror went to Minho.

The mentioned offered a sarcastic nod instead of a thank you, the finest of a goggle coming from the merman sat next to him. He settled back in the seat, fingers lightly dancing over the scarlet scales across his legs as he directed his attention to the three waiting outside. He rested an elbow on the rolled down window's edge to speak to those three. They were, after all, the reason any of this was possible. For that reason, he quirked an eyebrow, and inquired, "Are you sure you don't want to come?"

Jeongin crossed his arms over his chest, speaking up before anyone else could as he offered the half-hearted mock of, "No room. Have Chan record your crying face for us so we can laugh at you when you're back."

"Jinnie said he'll be here in a few minutes," Seungmin cut in before Minho could talk back to his roommate, words already piling in his head and mouth opening to shoot any swears he could come up with as if he were a humanized Gatling gun of complex vocabulary. He gestured to the other two in his company, an odd and never before seen maturity about him as he reassured, "We'll make sure they get home."

"Tell Hyunjin I said thank you then. And those two go right to the apartment, no adventures tonight," Minho, for a lack of better words, parented as he stared down Seungmin. Much to his surprise, the younger gave a small hum of agreement and a quick thumbs-up.

Felix scrunched his face up, a jeering tone to his voice as he taunted, "Yes, Dad."

With that final thought, the final notion lingering in his mind, Minho raised the glass window, never letting his gaze on them break for even a second despite the see through barrier that was now put between them. Most likely, they wouldn't listen to him. Most likely, when they came back, he would find their shared flat trashed from whatever escapades Seungmin and Hyunjin unleashed them into. Those two were wild antelopes on energy drinks and three pound of methamphetamine on the best of their days, it would be rare and a blatant lie to say they wouldn't be riled enough to not act like the untamed beasts they were. If any one of the people in the immediate area would be 'creatures', it would be his very own roommates. The people he lived under the same roof as. He prayed that Felix and Jeongin would be kind to the unsuspecting couple.

To his displeasure, the last thing Minho saw of those two as Chan began to drive away from the aquarium, was the remnants of their scheming smiles directed towards one another. That pray that was mentioned? He repeated it, put it on loop in the back of his head, and tried to hold out the faith they were good children. They were good people. They wouldn't do anything dumb.