ψThreeψ

Minho sat in the driver seat, hand placed firmly on the wheel as he relaxed the other on the armrest console. Beside him in the passenger seat was Felix who had been toggling between the roles of DJ and navigator, flipping wildly through songs until he became satisfied with the noises blasting from the abhorrent speakers. Behind the two of them in the rear seats, was Jeongin who made the unfortunate decision of laying across the back and disregarded the seatbelt. He was rapping away on his phone, absorbed in his own world as the two up front carried on their quiet conversations.

"Jeongin, put your seatbelt on," Minho huffed, glancing over his shoulder at the younger.

He rolled his eyes in response and flipped onto his side so his back faced the two in the front. Jeongin removed the phone in his pocket to create another barrier, muttering, "No."

Felix fiddled with the radio, "Jeongin listen to Minho or we won't get a ride next time. The landlord was nice enough to give us a discount on the apartment and if you die, she'll make us pay double the amount."

"He's not my Mom, I can do what I want."

"This car's breaks are getting sticky, we should get them checked soon."

Jeongin went quiet for a few beats before squeaking a timid, "Give me a second, I'll sit up."

"So to make this clear Hyunjin invited you, Felix, me Changbin, and then assuming he invited his friend Seungmin," Jeongin counted each person off from his fingers, putting each down as he listed the party off. The other two nodding along as they returned the statement, telling him that the roster of people sounded correct. He narrowed his eyes, "That's six of us including the man himself."

"And you technically weren't invited."

"I invited myself, Felix, thank you very much. I like dolphins and I really want to see one."

"I wonder if it really will be just us," Felix mumbled as he turned the fiddled with the volume fob, adjusting how loud the song was blasting from the speakers until he was satisfied with their boom. Minho didn't recognize the song, or the artist, but he swore it was playing on the radio a few days prior. One of those obscure indie songs that are unknown but somehow are always played where ever you go. He reached over and turned the volume down slightly, much to the protest of the other parties of company inside the car.

"He's popular but I don't know how many of us he can afford. He's a college student after all," Minho humed in thought. He let his fingers drum against the steering wheel as he suddenly remembered, "You two brought money?"

"Yes sir! Not only did I bring enough for me, I can buy you two three churros," Jeongin threw a smile over his shoulder, doing his best to look at Minho through the rear view mirror.

"I'm sorry Innie, I don't think they sell churros at an aquarium."

Jeongin frowned, "Oh."

"Anyway, six young men who are in college, is that really a good choice?" Felix sighed in disbelief, pressing himself to the car seat as he twisted his head in weird ways. He whined, "Besides, what's the occasion? Why an aquarium anyway, isn't that a place for couples?"

"They have jobs there. One of them mentioned that."

"Did they? I really need to pay more attention. I keep staring at him," Felix melted into the passenger seat, a dreamy look overcoming his features as he breathed out dramatically, "My Lambkin."

A gag came from the back seat.

Minho's gaze flickered up to the rear view mirror, barely catching the remaining seconds of Felix shooting daggers at Jeongin who was still scrolling on his phone without a care in the world, his back turned to the two. The youngest quickly switched to his camera and turned it to selfie mode so he saw the surprised face of his roommate. He stuck his tounge out at the phone and snapped a picture, snuffing out a chuckle as Felix swatted at him in the back seat.

"You two," Minho began, "I need to focus."

"You're fine, you're an adult."

"That means I can drive well?"

They remained quiet for the remainder of the car ride. Felix continued fiddling with the settings of the stereo as he played favorite songs from his playlist to fill the needed silence. Minho tried to focus without distraction on the roads and backstreets ahead of them, every now and then outstretching his arm to skip a song to earn whispers in protests or to mess with the air conditioner to earn more whispers in protests from the other. Lastly, Jeongin continued to grumble nothings into the backseats.

The car slowed down at a large building that was at the center of a bigger parking lot, other structures around it nonexistent save for the lamp posts and steel bridge leading from the top floor to other places. There was blue waves and designs of the ocean painted on the side or hanging from separate metal plates attached to the concrete walls. Blaring lights hung from the openings making the surface look as if it had been underwater. On some parts, the concrete came apart to windows that were see through at the top few levels but blacked out at the bottom. The entire building was ornate, but it was needed for a place that holds exotic animals.

Minho parked in one of the scattered free spots, collecting the belongings he needed to take with him. He unlocked the doors, "Get out."

"You got it boss," Felix whistled in reply. He grabbed his blue hoodie from the back and tossed it over his arm as he kicked the car door open. Already, he joined Jeongin in waiting outside of the car for the remaining person.

Minho chose to make no comment to the phone slipping out of the stomach pocket and onto the floor of the car. He figured his roommate would figure out that there was a missing weight and he didn't have his phone with him. Eventually he would notice the difference. Continuing to ignore it, Minho adjusted the sleeves of his sweater and grouped up with the two people standing outside of his door.

"Ready to head in?" Felix asked as he painted small smile on his face. As they again waited for a response, Minho's hands dug the car keys out of his pocket. Once he found them the car was locked.

Turning back around, Minho glanced at the phone through the window, staring at it for a few seconds. Again, the university student chose to stay silent about it. Felix was competent, he will realize he is missing something. He turned his gaze back to the two and nodded gently. Once given the signal they turned on their heels and walked ahead, the younger bouncing on his toes as the three of them made their way to the aquarium.

∴∷∵