ψFiveψ

There was no way to deny it. They were lost.

"Where are we?" Changbin mumbled, desperately searching the minimap he collected from Hyunjin earlier. He looked to the people he was sent with for help only to find them absent. Felix was off scouting for a staff member so he could ask for the nearest exit while Minho was gazing around the room. There wasn't much to it, a large opened room that had two ramps wrapping around another larger room that seemed to extend throughout the building. Other paths existed, one behind them and a few splitting off but according to the map they only filtered further into the aquarium.

He watched as Felix jogged back with his head hanging low, no words needing to be said to get the message. The older huffed in disbelief, returning to the map to find any route of escape. All seemed to be out of reach though, as none of the three had any clue as to where they had ended up. Changbin muttered, "Kind of wish I hadn't said this place was easy to navigate. Not gonna lie, its more confusing then those haunted mazes from that fair."

Felix shot back, raising his voice to a shout, "You go to those!?"

"Yeah, I love them."

"Me too!"

"Really? Then when it's in town we should go together."

"It's a date."

"Perfect."

Minho rolled his eyes and turned away from the flirt-fest. He knew; Felix hated the haunted mazes with a burning passion. Anytime he would ask his roommate he'd get whatever was in his hands thrown at him, the other then scurrying away to hide for the next few hours. It was avoided at all costs, even going as far as to runaway from home when they threatened to take him. To say he loved the mazes was a blatant lie. Minho stayed quiet though, it wasn't enough to argue over. Besides, they'd never leave if the truth was exposed right now.

While the two lovebirds continued to make what Minho assumed to be date plans, he fixated on the iron doors blocking off the other room. It was presented as grand, but the only hint as to what stayed hidden behind the doors was the blue light spilling from the cracks. From over his shoulder he could see the map clutched tightly in the couple's hands. Was this infront of him what the entire aquarium wrapped around? Nothing else fit the criteria, it had to be. That also solved the problem of where they had been located in the labyrinth.

But he had his mind set on one thing. Ignoring the other two now talking amongst themselves and disregarding the third wheel, he tiptoed to the doorway and silently pushed the entrance open. They wouldn't notice him if he had been gone for one or two minutes and he'd be back before they ever realized. Plus, the two were smart, together they could figure out how to get to the parking lot safely.

When he entered it was dark, the walls and floors melting into one tunnel as it forced him to trudge to the light at the end. It was like the entrance of the aquarium, only this time the light wasn't cut off. He walked carefully, hands reached out to not bump into anyone but no matter how far he went he was the only one there. He came to a stop at the end, staring in awe at the sight before him.

The largest tank he had ever seen stood proud infront of him, the water casting a wonderful hue on the floor around him and reflecting the beautiful waves bouncing around. To his surprise, it was mainly empty. Once in a while, a school of fish would zoom by the kelp planted by the edges or something would fly out of the coral decoration at the bottom, and if he was lucky a tiny gobie would disturb the sandy floors. Other then that, the tank was empty. Yet he couldn't brush off the feeling something was watching his every movement. It was unsettling. As far as Minho knew he was the single person in this enchanting area, as much as he could see anyway. It made him step forward, almost subconsciously as he drew nearer to the glass barrier.