Prologue

Springshade was in danger. Honeybee could smell Summershade close- maybe even right behind her. She unsheathed her claws, ready to leap if a Summerwolf were to jump out at her. 

"Honeybee!" Honeybee jumped from the voice, but turned to see a fellow Springwolf. She was dirty and her fur was ruffled, but she could see her red fur through the mud, and her unmistakable different colored eyes.

"Hello, Rainbow. What are you doing out of camp?" Honey replied, trying to keep one eye on the Springwolf and one in the direction of the Summerwolf smell.

"Hunting. Or checking for Summershade- or maybe just taking a walk. Actually, all of the above." Rainbow glanced up at the stars. Honeybee followed her gaze, and saw the moon. Or, where it should be.

"The light of the moon won't protect us tonight," Rainbow pointed out. "Summershade could attack us... without anyone knowing before it's too late. We just have to pray to the Spirits Ibis and Bellum."

"But why would Summershade attack Springshade? The Shades have been at peace for decades, why would anyone want to ruin that?" 

Rainbow shook her head, looking at her paws. "I don't know, Honeybee. But we have to protect ourselves. We have to protect Rain Shower, he could easily die, then we would be leaderless until Desert Lily gets the Spirits' blessing..."

Honeybee nodded. She was a Springwolf Fighter, nothing more, nothing less. It was her duty to protect Springshade with her life, not ponder why they were fighting. "Your right. Go hunt, I need to focus on guard duty."

Rainbow nodded and headed off in the other direction. Honeybee thought she heard something- but it might of just been a bird or squirrel. But the scent of Summer shade was getting closer by the second, it could be-

Before Honeybee could finish her though, sharp claws pierced into her back. She yelped with surprise and pain, but was slammed to the ground by the attacker. Honeybee managed to slither out of its claws, to face her attacker. To no surprise, it was a Summerwolf.

Honeybee let out a low growl. "Get out of Springshade!" she barked.

Her attacker laughed. "No way. Summershade will get what it wants!" He growled back.

"RAINBOW! DESERT LILY! SPIDER WEB?" Honeybee called, backing up. All her bravery suddenly rushed out of her, leaving Honeybee spooked and scared.

"Haha, just what I expected from a Springwolf- cowardness. Now why don't you move out of the way!" The Summerwolf lunged at her again, claws reaching towards her neck. Sharp pain dazed Honeybee for a moment, but then large paws collided into her head and she passed out.

Author's note: Sorry the prologue was so short, I just didn't know how to add on. But thx for reading!